Anybody Use The Garmin Car GPS With The 7" Screen?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody Use The Garmin Car GPS With The 7" Screen?

Anybody Use The Garmin Car GPS With The 7" Screen?

If so was wondering how it fits, works etc. Is it too big? These old eyes need all the help they can get!

I use one in a motorhome not on the bike, they are not waterproof.

Neither are the motorcycle ones...just water resistant and you pay a whole lot more for that and a few other things I can live without. I am more concerned about fitment on the F6B.

Here is what I do. I have a standard Garmin GPS. I believe the model is 52LM. They work very well and cheap enough to replace if something happens to it. I pop it off in about 10 seconds if I wash the bike or put a sandwich bag over the top of it if I am caught out in the rain and don't want to do without it. Sometimes I just put it in the trunk if I expect a rainy ride and don't need it. The mount is from Ram Mounts and uses the screws that go into the brake reservoir. The power comes from the left compartment power socket where I have a usb adapter. My setup has been trouble free and an add on I really like to see what roads are coming up soon in front of me. The 7" model would be something I would consider in my current setup.

Good info...thank you!

GPS mount

Quote Originally Posted by Milkmaster View Post
    Here is what I do. I have a standard Garmin GPS. I believe the model is 52LM. They work very well and cheap enough to replace if something happens to it. I pop it off in about 10 seconds if I wash the bike or put a sandwich bag over the top of it if I am caught out in the rain and don't want to do without it. Sometimes I just put it in the trunk if I expect a rainy ride and don't need it. The mount is from Ram Mounts and uses the screws that go into the brake reservoir. The power comes from the left compartment power socket where I have a usb adapter. My setup has been trouble free and an add on I really like to see what roads are coming up soon in front of me. The 7" model would be something I would consider in my current setup.
    Jerry,
    I can't open your picture for whatever reason. Does your Ram mount actually mount to the existing screw hole in the reservoir or it it a replacement top that has a short tab sticking out where the ram mount attaches to? I have the replacement top on my ST that has the threaded tab that extends from the top. Using 660 LM, (connects via blue tooth to my Sena-MP3 and directions) been through a couple frog stranglers with no ill affects; however it is mounted on my ST dash just behind the screen so it is somewhat protected.

Reservoir Mount

Here's the clutch reservoir type RAM mount for my Garmin. The unit has been wet many times but that never caused an issue.

The mount F6Dave shows is identical to mine. I don't know why the picture cannot be viewed. I have loaded other pics that are the same way and I have no clue why. Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Old N Grumpy View Post
    Neither are the motorcycle ones...just water resistant and you pay a whole lot more for that and a few other things I can live without. I am more concerned about fitment on the F6B.
    It clearly states on the box that contains the Garmin 390LM "waterproof"

Quote Originally Posted by woody View Post
    It clearly states on the box that contains the Garmin 390LM "waterproof"

You are right...I stand corrected.