Polaris SLINGSHOT banned from 2 states

Thread: Polaris SLINGSHOT banned from 2 states

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas TC View Post
    I finally saw one on the road in Scottsdale Az yesterday. first one I have seen in action since they cannot be registered in Texas. Really strange to see on the road. Very low and wide and kinda ugly but looks like a blast to drive.
    The first time I saw one was few days ago going south on CA 101 in Ventura, county.

I work part time at a dealership that sells them. We can't keep them in stock only time we did was when they had a "stop sell order" for the recall on the front steering. But not to sound like my Grandfather I about pulled out in front of one a few nights ago after dark. It was at a 3 lane intersection not lighted but with a lot of lights from gas stations etc in the background that sort of masked the Slingshot. The lights on them are very low to the ground and IMO poor as far as traffic. Again IMO they need an additional light up high perhaps between the seats up in the center console placed above the driver and passenger seat head area. I fear this could be a serious problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Doug K9CRT
    Decatur, IL
    2013 F6b (Red)
    Cage 2016 Chevrolet Silverado Z71
    Cage in Avatar Honda S2000

Texas didn't "ban" them per se. The current wording in the state laws don't allow the Polaris Slingshot to be a car OR a motorcycle. http://www.slingshotforums.com/threads/texas-needs-your-help-to-change-state-law.2713/

They're actively trying to change the wording. But I don't think it's been voted on yet. So there's no real ban---yet.

Attachment 13585

I got to sit in one at a local motorcycle show a while back. I'd LOVE to test ride/drive one. It's not a motorcycle, no, but I still think it'd be fun. It is a bit hard to get in and out of. I'm 5'10" and I kinda had to slide down into the seat. There's a place here in North Texas that rents them for 300 a day. How about 300 of you send me each $1 and I'll write a report on it! Nevertheless I think it'd be an awesomely fun thing to play with. If/when I win the lottery, that is.