North East Meet and Greet - Page 22
Page 22 of 46 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: North East Meet and Greet

I got up this morning and looked outside and thought I better put on a pot of coffee and mix up some pancake batter. I just couldn't figure out why Wayne was coming out 2 days early just for breakfast. But why else would it be raining that hard?

Well it looks like the local weather man got it right. So we did the right thing in postponing our ride to the 22nd.

Thank God!

Because yesterday, all day, I got yelled at and blamed. I thought it was a beautiful day in the low 80's with plenty of sunshine. But it was too hot for some wearing their leathers. Then it seems the fellows that I rode with blamed me for the road conditions leading into the 2 lakes they wanted to see. All but one was pushing some sort of a Harley either a trike or 2 wheeler and you know how they feel about getting a little dust on their show boats. The only other Honda rider complained about the few bumps in the road but then again he's old..
    Heck, they even complained about the Royal Buffet having too many choices on the menu. To top things off 109 looked at his tab and complained that they hadn't given him his senior discount. But that turned out to be a good thing as all 6 of us old goats got to eat for $8.68 each after the discount was taken off our bills.

Thumbs up 109!!

The 22nd looks decent finally...let's hope it stays that way. We might finally pull this off.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Penn View Post
    I got up this morning and looked outside and thought I better put on a pot of coffee and mix up some pancake batter. I just couldn't figure out why Wayne was coming out 2 days early just for breakfast. But why else would it be raining that hard?

Well it looks like the local weather man got it right. So we did the right thing in postponing our ride to the 22nd.

Thank God!

Because yesterday, all day, I got yelled at and blamed. I thought it was a beautiful day in the low 80's with plenty of sunshine. But it was too hot for some wearing their leathers. Then it seems the fellows that I rode with blamed me for the road conditions leading into the 2 lakes they wanted to see. All but one was pushing some sort of a Harley either a trike or 2 wheeler and you know how they feel about getting a little dust on their show boats. The only other Honda rider complained about the few bumps in the road but then again he's old..
    Heck, they even complained about the Royal Buffet having too many choices on the menu. To top things off 109 looked at his tab and complained that they hadn't given him his senior discount. But that turned out to be a good thing as all 6 of us old goats got to eat for $8.68 each after the discount was taken off our bills.

Thumbs up 109!!
    Bob! You'll really appreciate staying out of "dusty conditions" i.e. roads, once you've changed you air filter on your own I managed to get 30k miles on my first filter and after yesterdays ride, I may be doing another this coming week Regarding our discount at the Royal Buffet, it pay to ask! All they can say is no Getting food at a discount make it taste all the better

Hey Bob 109, I only wish there was some other way to get back into those lakes without the dusty trails. Those other guys asked me to take them back in there to see the fishing possibilities because they heard about the place but didn't know how to get there.
    You saw all the trout being caught in there by the locals. I may even have to go back today with the truck and boat in tow.
    Hopefully I'll have 30 k miles on my bike by winter so I can give it back to the dealer to change the filters and tune it up before spring. I'd much rather sip bourbon while they do the work then cuss my mis-use of wrenches even if it cost me what I saved using all my senior discounts.
    At least next week we'll be on good pavement doing at least posted speed limits + .

Hey Wayne, I think your coming the furthest and have to leave the earliest. So I pose the question to you. If we can start our PA. portion of the ride early enough we can go back up that road we came down from the Hotel to the bakery along that stream and swing onto SR-423 avoiding the I-80 portion. But it will add approx. 20 -30 minutes to the total ride time to the dam. If we plan the meet time to 9:45 AM and depart at 10:15 we should still be able to do it and get you back on the road (I-84) home by 3:30 PM after lunch.

I am thinking of joining ride. what route where you planning to take

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Penn View Post
    Hey Wayne, I think your coming the furthest and have to leave the earliest. So I pose the question to you. If we can start our PA. portion of the ride early enough we can go back up that road we came down from the Hotel to the bakery along that stream and swing onto SR-423 avoiding the I-80 portion. But it will add approx. 20 -30 minutes to the total ride time to the dam. If we plan the meet time to 9:45 AM and depart at 10:15 we should still be able to do it and get you back on the road (I-84) home by 3:30 PM after lunch.
    Bob, I'm leaving here at 6am. I usually leave before I say I am anyway....I'm weird like that. I think even with stopping for guys on the way, we can make it for 10. We won't dilly dally....stop and go. We can shoot the breeze later! Please don't alter things for me. It's going to be a long day, and I'm prepared for that.

It's looking good! We haven't been able to say that yet.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by drifter View Post
    I am thinking of joining ride. what route where you planning to take
    The planned route is to meet at the reception area off I-84 in Matamoras , Pa. with a full tank of gas, we have approx.130 miles to cover. There is a gas station right across from the reception area (9:45 - 10 AM). Depart there no later than 10:15 AM.
    Head south down SR-209 into the National park. First stop at Dingman's falls reception area. (approx 15 miles south). There is a National park brochure, book/gift shop there for those interested. Take some time and walk in to see the falls, BS and get to know one another.
    Depart there 11:00 AM continue south SR-209 (approx 15 miles) to River Rd by the Shawnee resort. Turn left onto River Rd. for approx 10 miles to a detour (the bridge is out south of there) that will put us back on 209 south to I-80 east for 1 exit to the town of Delaware Water Gap.
    There we will stop at, The Apple Tree Bakery, for coffee and more BS. Depart there at 12 noon up SR-191 North to the Jct. with SR-423. Turn left onto 423 to SR-940. Turn right onto 940 thru the town of Blakeslee and continue 940 for another 5 miles to the right hand turn off for the, Francis Walter's Dam. Depart there 1:15 back the way we came to the restaurant yet to be chosen for a late lunch and more BS.
    Speaking of restaurants everything is open, Barbecue, buffet, or Hotel. Make a dessishhhh.

Please post to Add or subtract your name to the list of those coming so we can be sure to look for you before we leave the meeting point. I will post the expected list on Friday.

PS. While not mandatory it is suggested to wear boots as you can see there's will be some BS time.

Here's the tentative list as of this morning. Please add or subtract your name by posting your intentions. If you have friends that will be coming with you just add a + number so we can keep tract as I did.

Bob 109
    wjduke
    Vmaxed
    DMAGOLDRDR
    zzh54
    Bob Penn +2

Possibles

drifter
    f6b dan
    Nice weather

PS; The Nice weather says he's coming but I'm still only listed him under Possible

Nice weather contacted me via TV this morning and said he may come out later after some showers on Saturday.
    Wayne, you weren't planning on coming out on Saturday to test your gear were you?