F6B Down !!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: F6B Down !!!!

Holy Crap. Give us a health report. Hope you are okay.

Quote Originally Posted by jlyon View Post
    Well it happened...

I got hit from behind the he destroyed my beautiful F6B....

Destroyed is the word . I hope you're OK. Your bike was well equipped too so I hope your insurance company treats you right. Will you be getting back on the "horse"?
    Ken (Hornblower)

WOW!!!!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Man that just sucks. I hope you are ok?

DAMMIT! Ugh, this is my worst nightmare, after deer. I hope you are uninjured.

I don't know how much it helps, but this is why I pull up over to the far left of the lane when I stop, to put me directly in front of the driver's line of sight. I think the basic problem is that most people drive on remote control, letting their subconscious pilot their vehicle, and their brains' pattern recognition systems are looking for cars and they literally don't "see" us sitting there.

JUST DAMMIT! Sorry for your loss. So upsetting.

Wow!!

I do hope you are ok! The bike can be replaced.

Praying you are well! A new 2014 is in your future?
    Thanks Jim - a.k.a. Bama Bagger

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny".

~ Thomas Jefferson

Echoing everyone else, first and foremost I hope you are okay and in one piece.

That being said, that'll buff right out.

Hey Guys (and Gals),

Thanks for the support messages... they made me smile...

Feel like I've played a game of tackle football with a couple of NFL'ers, and they got to wear pads and I didn't !!!

I was sitting at a red light, two other bikers were sitting in lane next to me (an H-D and a Yamaha I think ) and we were exchanging pleasantries about it being a beautiful day to ride and complimenting each other on the bikes... There was a silver Ford Fusion behind me.... A red mustang convertible crashed into the Ford, causing it to crash into me... I did a complete 360 in the air, and landed on my back across my beautiful F6B about 30 feet further into the intersection than where I started, and then rolled to the ground (so those feet you see sticking up in the tan boots are mine - passersby / Samaritans made sure I stayed laying down, 'cause I wanted to take my helmet off and beat somebody bloody)... they came and back-boarded me and took me to the hospital... X-rays and being felt up by the Doc indicated nothing broken or bulging that they could see, so with some pain meds and valium I was released... The poor couple in the Silver Ford took the brunt of the collision, and probably saved both myself and the other two bikers from some serious hurting...

The driver of the red mustang... allegedly intoxicated with previous history of such... he was arrested (so i was told - I wasn't there by then)...

So... already talked to the dealer.... asking if any rumors about the 2015 model F6B will have cruise control or not are true !!! He said he didn't have any new info, but would offer my letter on the subject to the Honda Dealership Owner's Group meeting in Sept.

I have three other bikes ((2) H-D's and a brand new Victory Cross Country Tour) so I will be riding as soon as I am able to again.... but my '6 was my favorite scoot... and she WILL be replaced !!!

Again, thanks all for the concern... she held together well and the safety bars on the sides did their thing... it is a GREAT bike, and one I will be proud to own again !!!

"They ain't gonna stop the midnight rider !!!"

Joe

Side note on the F6B...

The driver backrest on the RDL seat took the brunt force of me moving backward and broke, but kept me from landing in the windshield of the car behind me... it did it's job !!! I am a fan of RDL's for life now !!!

Gotta go to the tow yard tomrrow and retrieve my personalized FSIXB license plate back too !!!