Anti Dive Shim

Thread: Anti Dive Shim

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Limoles View Post
    OK my friends, I went to the above site and the 2 o-ring fix for the ADV are no way the size of a nickel. I have the Harbor Freight metric o-ring assortment kit and it doesn't have the exact size that the above site recommends. Site calls for 5mm bore x 8.5mm od, I have 4.8mm x 8.6mm. Will this work for the top? The site recommends 6mm x 10mm on the bottom o-ring, I have 5.8mm x 9.6mm. Will this work on the bottom? Any advise on this? Thanks, cueman

Quote Originally Posted by cueman View Post
    OK my friends, I went to the above site and the 2 o-ring fix for the ADV are no way the size of a nickel. I have the Harbor Freight metric o-ring assortment kit and it doesn't have the exact size that the above site recommends. Site calls for 5mm bore x 8.5mm od, I have 4.8mm x 8.6mm. Will this work for the top? The site recommends 6mm x 10mm on the bottom o-ring, I have 5.8mm x 9.6mm. Will this work on the bottom? Any advise on this? Thanks, cueman
    I have the SAE Nitril O-Rings from Harbor Freight and could only use two rings 1/32" thick. Attaching a pic for comparison of the 4 options for the spacer. I opted to make a spacer from aluminum sheet. It is currently installed with two 5mmx20mm Allen Head Bolts. Using the Nickel, Aluminum Crush Washer or the Nitril O-Rings will leave a gap between the AD Body upper and lower halves. Didn't want any debris getting into the gapped surfaces. The jury is still out on the effects of the spacer. I have less than 200 miles on the bike since installing it and notice that the forks more easily compress when coming to a stop. Not sure I'll keep the spacer in place as I actually prefer the stock handling especially in sharp corners where I tend to throttle/rear brake at the same time.

DSC_0001.jpgDSC_0006.jpgAttachment 16036