I need help F6b or victory vision?????? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I need help F6b or victory vision??????

Russ...you sure have a lot more patience and coolness than me I quess...I would have told the Victory dealer to "shove it" and walked out. The dealer you went to should be turned in to the Victory customer service people and let them deal with this jerk who, from what you described, does not want to sell many bikes...One of the reasons I traded my Vision for the Honda F6B is Victory dealers that have a clue what is going on are few and far between in my area...Granted the Honda dealer I choose is 125 miles away, but they have great sales people, competent techs and staff that cares about the customer....There is one Victory dealer near me which is top notch and does an outstanding job in all respects and a customer can test ride any bike any time if they look serious about buying a bike...I just chose to go with the F6B instead of another Vic or Indian because it was what I wanted and felt the best with...One side note for what it is worth, Victory's, especially the Visions, do not bring much in re-sale or traded value compared to Honda, HD, and BMW....After I retired from my job several years ago I worked for a dealer, similar to the one you visited, and they would not allow test rides at all period....Lost a lot of sales as a result, but I was told it was an insurance thing and very costly for the dealer....Oh well, enjoy the ride.......

Russ,

Sorry you got the run around. It doesn't sound like that dealer wants to sell any bikes.

I have never had those issues with Victory dealers on the West coast. My dealer took me on a 3-hour test ride (wifey riding 2 up) though the mountain twisties, country roads and highways. Victory sends the factory truck around to various dealerships and bike shows for demo rides all day long (ride as many times as you want and whatever model you like). All you have to do is show a valid driver's license and sign the waiver. Granted, the factory truck rides are pretty canned, but the 3 hour mountain twistie ride wasn't =).

I am still trying to find a place to test ride a F6B. So far, 3 dealerships do not have any demo F6B's and haven't found any rental places that carry them. I have had my Vision since the fall of 2007 and am considering a trade.

Sincerely,
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Bigjohn6886 View Post
    So hornblower u have know regrets of leaving the rocket3 & u like the power of the f6b
    Yes, Big John, I still miss the ole Rocket 3 at times but not enough to go looking for another one. The R3 power was breath-taking, especially the way mine was tuned. It would totally launch . I mean, we're talking around 150 RWHP vs around 100 for the F6B. Even so, the power on the F6B is certainly adequate and definitely more usable so, all-in-all, I'm happy with it, even compared to the monster R3.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    I test rode the Vision once. No real complaints,,, Feet/legs were a little warm going down the road, but I've heard the air wings help flush the hot air out. Did feel a little top heavy with the trunk, but nothing I didn't expect. Elec. shield was nice. Has a 'foot forward' feel that I was accustomed to. (Pretty happy with just mini boards on my 6,,, Not really sure forward pegs are necessary for me anymore)

Bought my F6B w/o a test ride. (Sat on one at the local dealer multiple times! LOL!!!) Honda of Houston was offering demo's back when I wasn't interested in the 6,,, Not sure what their policy is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    I test rode the Vision once. No real complaints,,, Feet/legs were a little warm going down the road, but I've heard the air wings help flush the hot air out. Did feel a little top heavy with the trunk, but nothing I didn't expect. Elec. shield was nice. Has a 'foot forward' feel that I was accustomed to. (Pretty happy with just mini boards on my 6,,, Not really sure forward pegs are necessary for me anymore)

Bought my F6B w/o a test ride. (Sat on one at the local dealer multiple times! LOL!!!) Honda of Houston was offering demo's back when I wasn't interested in the 6,,, Not sure what their policy is now.
    The dealer I bought from let me demo ride a black F6B right off the showroom. They took 20 minutes to gas/battery make it "hot". I was actually a little nervous. I snapped a pic of the "0" odometer just for grins. The trip odo showed 0.6 -- perhaps that was a test ride at the plant?

What a blast -- now those guys want to sell bikes!

I've been pretty sold on the F6B for a while, but I didn't want to rule out the Victory Cross Country Tour. I sat on one at the Long Beach IMS and found the forward controls really awkward for me, as the position put all the weight right in my tailbone. Didn't like it. But I did ask about a test ride, and was told that Victory does them twice a year, in the fall and spring, and the next one was the spring. Now that's not to say that individual dealers wouldn't have their own test ride program, but my local Honda dealer (Huntington Beach Honda) told me just to bring in my license and a helmet and they'd put me on the road. Easy peasy. Had a nice test ride right in my own neighborhood, came back and threw down a deposit. Bike comes in on Saturday.

As with all things, YMMV.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    "Bike comes in on Saturday",,,,

CONGRATULATIONS, MotoZeke!!!!!!

Coming from 40+ years of riding Harley. Its F6B all the way.........Dickie

I have been a rider for a lot of years and did my sport bike - hooligan bit -- but I fell in love about 3 years ago with a Honda Valkyrie -- now I have ridden about everything on the planet (and still currently own a Hayabusa) including a rocket III (which I liked) but the intuitive handling of the f6b just blew me away -- hard to explain but it does sport bike stuff better than most sport bikes. I am in fact a Honda tech and I ride wings all the time yet the f6 feels like a different beast. I'll never look back or regret this purchase (guys i ride with have big bore v-twins and call it the stealth- I just zip away-- santa is bringing exhaust which should change that)

Quote Originally Posted by xzvs View Post
    the intuitive handling of the f6b just blew me away -- hard to explain but it does sport bike stuff better than most sport bikes. I am in fact a Honda tech and I ride wings all the time yet the f6 feels like a different beast.
    I didn't have the chance to hit any twisty roads on my test ride, but I did play with dancing around in a lane at speed and I was surprised by what I can best describe as a really "light on it's feet" sensation coupled with a really stable, grounded sensation. Just a really user-friendly ride.

I've owned a Ducati Multistrada for a couple of years and even though it's what--300 pounds lighter?--the F6B felt easier to handle in every way. Easier to get on and off the side stand, easier to maneuver, less top heavy, and way more comfortable. I only wish this bike had been around in 2011.