Awesome 20 inch telescoping blow gun
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Awesome 20 inch telescoping blow gun

Awesome 20 inch telescoping blow gun

Harbor Freights blow gun is a kick axx unit. It works great for blowing out the bugs from the radiators on the Honda. I just have a small sears compressor for blowing up tire and such and it does get up to 120 psi and the blow gun had that small nozzle and just kicks everything out of the radiators.Attachment 22412 I paid $6.99 for it on sale and they charge almost the same amount for shipping, total to the door was $14.82 definitely going to be used to blow bugs out of all the crevices on the bike. The small end piece can be loosened up and rotated to a different angle to get into different areas. Looked it over carefully but still can't figure out why they say its telescoping. Have not found that feature yet. Unless they mean by taken the 20 inch section out of the gun. part number is your interested is 68261 on Harbor Freights website.

It's also great for putting on grips or grip covers. Slips between bar and grip with ease.
    If you loosen the knurled nut the thin end part extends.
    I can put on or take off grip puppy things in seconds with it. They're off in winter to get the most out of grip heaters.
    Anyway, yeah, great tool!

For a second there ...

I thought shouldn't this be in the "Off Topic" section before I opened it.

Quote Originally Posted by taxfree4 View Post
    I thought shouldn't this be in the "Off Topic" section before I opened it.

Going to Harbor Freight today, thanks.

Check out this recent thread for more info

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?9...harbor+freight

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    Harbor Freights blow gun is a kick axx unit. It works great for blowing out the bugs from the radiators on the Honda. I just have a small sears compressor for blowing up tire and such and it does get up to 120 psi and the blow gun had that small nozzle and just kicks everything out of the radiators.Attachment 22412 I paid $6.99 for it on sale and they charge almost the same amount for shipping, total to the door was $14.82 definitely going to be used to blow bugs out of all the crevices on the bike. The small end piece can be loosened up and rotated to a different angle to get into different areas. Looked it over carefully but still can't figure out why they say its telescoping. Have not found that feature yet. Unless they mean by taken the 20 inch section out of the gun. part number is your interested is 68261 on Harbor Freights website.
    Gee! I wonder where you got that "great idea" sea dog

I saw that Crossman has a new Pneumatic arrow bow... I wonder if I could adapt this H.F. air wand to shoot arrows as well...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwqMkjYjmtw

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Couldn't find your thread

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    Gee! I wonder where you got that "great idea" sea dog
    Sorry Bob but I tried to find your thread to add mine to it but it just wasn't showing up in the search for it. Yes your thread got me to harbor freight but the search on their site took 15 minutes to find the blow gun so I wanted to add the item number so others could just get it in seconds instead of a massive search. Now quit your Crying and I apologize for not using your thread to add the item number. My Bad!

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    Sorry Bob but I tried to find your thread to add mine to it but it just wasn't showing up in the search for it. Yes your thread got me to harbor freight but the search on their site took 15 minutes to find the blow gun so I wanted to add the item number so others could just get it in seconds instead of a massive search. Now quit your Crying and I apologize for not using your thread to add the item number. My Bad!
    Who crying? If my memory serves me right, your Thread dated 7-23-15, asked the same question about cleaning the radiators and I responded about using the air gun and compressed air on 7-24-15, a mere day later. That's over a year ago

To help refresh your memory

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?6...aning+radiator

Ride Safe! I do, on the Dark Side

P.S. Regarding the telescoping nozzle! Loosen the synch/compression nut, while turning the nozzle, slightly pull on it at the same time. A little WD-40 does wonders in making it extend or retract easier

yes I remembered that

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post
    Who crying? If my memory serves me right, your Thread dated 7-23-15, asked the same question about cleaning the radiators and I responded about using the air gun and compressed air on 7-24-15, a mere day later. That's over a year ago

To help refresh your memory

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?6...aning+radiator

Ride Safe! I do, on the Dark Side

P.S. Regarding the telescoping nozzle! Loosen the synch/compression nut, while turning the nozzle, slightly pull on it at the same time. A little WD-40 does wonders in making it extend or retract easier
    I was per your advice blowing out my radiators with my aging blow gun and it worked great but my blow gun I had for years doesn't match this one from Harbor Freight. This has about triple the punch that my old one had and it gets into tighter spaces with more cleaning ability. Again thanks for the original information to start using air pressure and thanks again for the tip on the new air gun, it's really like I bought a new air compressor.