2017 Goldwing - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Goldwing

Quote Originally Posted by 114th COBRA View Post
    At 69, I'm just looking forward to enjoying my F6B, and will let the youngsters deal with any future changes and newly developed technology.
    Ya, and first year model bikes are for the general public beta testers. Let them get the bugs and recalls worked out first.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

shooter
    Patch , for a second post , that was epic. I'm gonna talk to Phantom for ya. You should get credit for 4 or 5 posts for that one.

The perfect motorcycle is available to all that can afford to have it produced to personal specifications. Taking this into consideration I would imagine that no two would be exactly the same.

Riding a Goldwing is like opening a can of testosterone.
    Go Green - Recycle Congress!!!!

I embrace change but I will state that I am glad I got mine when I did. All that tech is going to take several years to get worked out. Many people feel like there has to be large changes in vehicles every few years, in many cases they just want that differentiation to show everyone they have the "new" model. As it normally takes a few model years to work out the kinks the manufacturers are just getting things running smoothly when they shift gears to the latest and greatest iteration of their product.

I like the fact that my 2015 has had many years to be optimized and fine tuned and it doesn't bother me at all that it won't be the latest thing in 2017. Maybe in 2025 I will consider a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by 114th COBRA View Post
    At 69, I'm just looking forward to enjoying my F6B, and will let the youngsters deal with any future changes and newly developed technology.
    I'm with you my friend..Just hit 76 years old and love my F6B as it is. Too many "gadgets" just make for more issues and potential problems and at my age I agree with just KISS!!!....Let the younger generations deal with "techie" stuff.....I bought my bike to ride and enjoy, not play with a lot of stuff that really one does not need.....JMHO...Ride safe

2017, so you too can practice distracted riding.🙈🙉🙊

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    I'm with you my friend..Just hit 76 years old and love my F6B as it is. Too many "gadgets" just make for more issues and potential problems and at my age I agree with just KISS!!!....Let the younger generations deal with "techie" stuff.....I bought my bike to ride and enjoy, not play with a lot of stuff that really one does not need.....JMHO...Ride safe
    CONGRATS ON THE 76. HOPE THERE ARE MANY MORE FOR YA. STAY SAFE.

Sounds pretty cool. I'm glad to be around to see it.

I'd like to see them make the trunk removable. Imagine if the bags came off, too! You could go from a Valkyrie, to an F6B, to a full Wing! All in one bike.

I'm glad that I like my bike enough to keep it for several more years while this gets sorted out.
    Albuquerque, NM

Yup, old school here too. I like the 6 just the way it is. I won't buy a bike that has an auto tranny. This bike is plenty fast for its size and style. Saving a few fractions of a second on a gear shift is not that important to me. If I was in my 20's, well maybe, but , then I'd most likely be on a crotch rocket, not a Cruiser/Tourer.

Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    Being new to the Goldwing, when I read this the only thoughts I had were about the transmission and what they would be doing by going hybrid on the engine. I've ridden on a DCT bike the last year and a half and I'm a huge fan of it, if they do it correct on the goldwing. The NM4, NC700X and Africa Twin DCT bikes are crazy fun. The biggest problem with the DCT bikes thus far has been the manual shift system being paddle shifters...which, frankly, suck.
    Note that Honda offers a foot shifter option for the CTX700/NC700/NM4 bikes, but you have to order the kit from overseas. Bolts right where the original shifter went, plugs into the factory harness - and then it automatically disables the paddle shifters. So you can do full foot-only shifting in manual mode, or leave it in automatic mode when crawling through traffic or parking lots!