Torq Master Exhaust
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Torq Master Exhaust

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MSGT-R View Post
    So put in the optional additional baffles for the long trips and take them out again for the boulevard cruise.
    Of course, I could do that and probably get back close to factory sound level which is pretty much silent. The main reason for installing the TorqMasters to begin with was so I could hear the motor at least a little bit and that part worked out fine. When I posted about being a bit of drone, I intentionally inserted the word "bit". What I hoped to convey was not so much a complaint but simply a recognition that there is significantly more droning or humming noise at highway speed. I'm not sure yet that this is going to actually be a problem for me but some might not like it and that's the reason for even mentioning it. I will say this...in a car, this definitely could get on someone's nerves but on a bike, it may be considered music

Once I hear "drone", I'm usually out. My Harley's had slightly louder pipes, but were almost silent at freeway speed. My Camaro exhaust isn't loud but drones at speed and it sucks...
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    I just spoke to Jimmy, he is picking up the black chrome exhausts tomorrow and hopes to ship them tomorrow as well.

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupF6B View Post
    I just spoke to Jimmy, he is picking up the black chrome exhausts tomorrow and hopes to ship them tomorrow as well.

I hope one of the sets is mine I ordered a few weeks ago

Can't wait, had to go chrome...

As of Tuesday 7/9 the black units were delayed again until at least Thursday 7/11. Jimmy shipped a set of chrome pipes as agreed when the black units were delayed yet again. He has been very nice to deal with. The coating facility is the bottle neck in this process.

Has anyone here heard the Vans and Hines pipes and know how the compare to the Torgue masters, the dealer where I got my F6 has one with the V&H pipes and powercommander. I drove the bike and it sounds OK it does seem like the powercommander makes a difference. The guys with the Torque master pipes have you guys chipped the bike as well. I am leaning towards doing the Torque masters. Need some feed back Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by paolo305 View Post
    Has anyone here heard the Vans and Hines pipes and know how the compare to the Torgue masters, the dealer where I got my F6 has one with the V&H pipes and powercommander. I drove the bike and it sounds OK it does seem like the powercommander makes a difference. The guys with the Torque master pipes have you guys chipped the bike as well. I am leaning towards doing the Torque masters. Need some feed back Thanks
    Interesting, the power commander website shows no power commander available for the GW yet. Hmmm.

http://www.powercommander.com/powerc...Powercommander V (Coming Soon)
    2015 HD Ultra Glide
    2017 Mustang GT Premium
    1997 Low Tahoe
    2002 HD Road King

No tuning required. Just mount the pipes and enjoy the mellow tone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I had them and very little difference from stock. Nice looking but really quiet and wanted some grunt. Sold them and got the Rush set, Happy happy happy.

ANNOUNCMENT

Jimmy of Torq Master is back in the area but has had a family emergency pop up. He doesn't have forum capability to get on all the F6B forums, but wants me to communicate that he will be back up and running shortly after dealing with this situation. Please be patient.
    Please don't spook the road-sheep.