2014 used FB6 is very tempting

Thread: 2014 used FB6 is very tempting

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    Yeah, I am not following you on that...

Introducing a bike that doesn't have enough feature distance? Going to have to disagree with you on that with the upgraded electronics, new suspension, 6 spd, or a 7 spd DCT with reverse, electrically adjustable windshield, TPS, ABS, cruise etc.. and on and on. There is quite a big difference in the features of the Bagger Goldwing and the F6B
    Aren't most of the new ride modes and adjustable suspension missing from the new Bagger Goldwing as well as some other features like the center stand ?

"... The electric windscreen is shorter on these models, and preload adjustment is manual. Honda Selectable Torque Control (HSTC), electric damping-adjust, center stand, and heated grips are not included. ..."

http://www.hondaprokevin.com/2018-ho...otor-show-news

I'd gladly trade the keyfob and Apple Car Play to get the heated grips and center stand back.

Is the GPS only on the tour or is it included on the bagger as well ?

If the new front suspension is as good as the Traxxion Mega Monty, that is a $3K fix right there.

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    Aren't most of the new ride modes and adjustable suspension missing from the new Bagger Goldwing as well as some other features like the center stand ?

"... The electric windscreen is shorter on these models, and preload adjustment is manual. Honda Selectable Torque Control (HSTC), electric damping-adjust, center stand, and heated grips are not included. ..."

http://www.hondaprokevin.com/2018-ho...otor-show-news

I'd gladly trade the keyfob and Apple Car Play to get the heated grips and center stand back.

Is the GPS only on the tour or is it included on the bagger as well ?

If the new front suspension is as good as the Traxxion Mega Monty, that is a $3K fix right there.
    Heated grips all trim levels, if you get the any of the Tour models heated seats
    GPS all trim levels
    TPMS all trim levels
    Ride modes all trim levels
    Electric windshield all trim levels. Yes the bagger is a smaller shield than the Tour models
    Reverse on the DCT Bagger
    Hill start assist all trim levels
    There are many more features
    Yes it looks like the center stand is an option on the Bagger Gold Wing as it was on my standard when I bought a brand new take off center stand for $35 I definitely would rather have the keyless start and the electronics. Plus , when/if I get to purchase one, I would lean towards the Tour version anyways.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

My first thoughts after getting more info on the '18 Wing may be a little off center but I'll share. It seems to me that Honda looked at where they went wrong on the F6B and had a marketing strategy to somewhat please everyone. After stripping most of the bells and whistles from the B like cruise, ABS, TPMS,. Reverse, etc. I've noticed a way for the new offerings to get what everybody wants. Honda and the customer. Sell a base Goldwing Tour..... Then sell the customer the truck removal kit for an additional $450 and you've got the bagger with all the full Wing goodies.

Just my .02.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    Heated grips all trim levels, if you get the any of the Tour models heated seats
    GPS all trim levels
    TPMS all trim levels
    Ride modes all trim levels
    Electric windshield all trim levels. Yes the bagger is a smaller shield than the Tour models
    Reverse on the DCT Bagger
    Hill start assist all trim levels
    There are many more features
    Yes it looks like the center stand is an option on the Bagger Gold Wing as it was on my standard when I bought a brand new take off center stand for $35 I definitely would rather have the keyless start and the electronics. Plus , when/if I get to purchase one, I would lean towards the Tour version anyways.
    Found this table:

Okay, I'll ask == what is DCT ??

Dual Clutch Transmission

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537