Did you own a Goldwing before the F6B? - Page 9

View Poll Results: Did you convert from a Wing to an F6B?

Voters
257. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

63 24.51%
  • No

194 75.49%
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Did you own a Goldwing before the F6B?

Never really owned a Wing. Have grown up on and around Hondas and it's funny, even as a kid, I considered the Gold Wing, the ultimate motorcycle. I went through a phase, when I just wanted/lusted after owning a Harley. I never did. I rented one and had fun, but never pulled the trigger on a loan for one. I have my father's old 86 Aspencade that I'm in the slow process of refreshing. Slow because I'm busy or lazy or spending what free cash I have on the other two bikes.When the Valkyries came out, it was all over. They spoke to me with their 6 cylinder, no apology attitude dripping in chrome. I'm 46 or will be in December, I have had two Valkyries and still have one. I have had the urge, doesn't everyone , to get something different. I really wanted a new 2014 Valkyrie. After test riding one, i wanted one even more, but in my need to be honest with oneself, I just knew I would want the fairing and stereo, hard bags etc... The F6B was the sexy alternative. Not yet quite the Dairy Queen cruiser that the Gold Wings are known for jokingly, but the best of two worlds, IMHO.
    I really like the full wings and if the seating was the same and price was no different, it would be a no brainer . The Gold Wing sits you a little close for me.

My Valkyrie, with it's Woody's fairing, Ultimate seat and cranking sound system, is extremely comfortable. With the addition of the Corbin seat, the Ergo IIIs and now the Helibars, the F6B is very close.

I didn't see this thread before. I owned a 1978 GL100 Goldwing with all the Vetter attachments. See pic.

Attachment 9133

I sold that when my kids were a few years old because I wasn't riding it much. Used the money for a down payment on a minivan. Ouch! I told the wife I would get another bike once the kids were older.

I had a 2003 Honda Valkyrie Interstate 2 bikes ago. I loved riding it, but wanted something newer and I had issues with balance when stopping with the fairing. At least that is what I think it was.

Attachment 9134

I always thought about getting another Wing, I just didn't really want a full Wing since I only usually ride locally. I thought about getting one when I got my last bike, a BMW R1200RT. When I saw the F6B, I loved the look. Back in August I think it was, I saw my local dealer had a demo to ride. I went up there and rode it for an hour. Bought my on Sept 20, 2014. I love it. Best bike I've owned to date.

Did I own one prior?
    Or did I turn a Wing for an F6B?
    Two distinct scenarios....

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Did I own one prior?
    Or did I turn a Wing for an F6B?
    Two distinct scenarios....
    Well, the subject line says, Did you OWN a Goldwing before the F6B, not did you trade one in on an F6B. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Never had one and if you had asked me a year ago if I would buy one I would have said hell no.
    Yeah,...that!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkster1520 View Post
    I didn't see this thread before. I owned a 1978 GL100 Goldwing with all the Vetter attachments. .
    That brings back memories, I had the same bike, dark maroon, with color matched Califia fairing and bags. Vetter was way ahead of the times with his fairing.

2000 yamaha roadstar
    2013 hd roadglide
    2013 f6

my first

This is my first wing. Now I'm considering a second, full wing. Blacked out of course.

Cbprider

I traded my Goldwing for the F6B, I love this bike but my wife misses the comfort of the big back seat!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by cbprider View Post
    I traded my Goldwing for the F6B, I love this bike but my wife misses the comfort of the big back seat!
    Ahaaaa the Princess Chair...I have been told the same thing!!!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com