A bad day in Green Bay - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A bad day in Green Bay

Damn Neil,

Loads of great advise her I have nothing to add other than my prayers are with you and the wife so that you come out on the good end if there is one.

Jim

Sorry to hear about the dump. Hope you guys heal up. Focus on the healing.
    IMHO, the insurance folks want to pay you off asap. Don't accept anything until you have talked to the dr. And know what the longer term issues may be. Remember its you that sets the timetable not the insurance company. +1 for phantoms suggestion. Insist on a 15. Blue is cool, but that black one is smoking.

You should also list all the adds you did to the bike and provide a retail price, not just your cost. You did a lot and you should be paid retail for it.

Prayers sent !

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    DANG!!! Sad to hear but glad you both still here!!!

One other oddity we encountered at the hospital after Wifeys recent dog-collision,,, Hospital was insistent on monies/deposit ASAP, as in pre-surgery. (Wife had a perforated lung that needed to heal for a couple days before they could fix her clavicle)

Kinda thought it was BS as we both have excellent health insurance from our employers. Still,,,, we (SHE) was hounded for $$$$,,,

Didn't matter a huge amount to me, kind of figured there would be some bills to pay, so I gave them 5 large,,,

Turns out, we got almost every penny of that back EVENTUALLY as her Insurance paid for darn near everything.

Was kind of a hassle to get my money back,,, policies/procedures/departments,, blah blah blah,,,

To do it over,,,,, Even if I knew I was going to owe something, I wouldn't give 'em a dang dime till the insurance was done.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    DANG!!! Sad to hear but glad you both still here!!!

One other oddity we encountered at the hospital after Wifeys recent dog-collision,,, Hospital was insistent on monies/deposit ASAP, as in pre-surgery. (Wife had a perforated lung that needed to heal for a couple days before they could fix her clavicle)

Kinda thought it was BS as we both have excellent health insurance from our employers. Still,,,, we (SHE) was hounded for $$$$,,,

Didn't matter a huge amount to me, kind of figured there would be some bills to pay, so I gave them 5 large,,,
    I'm dealing with the same thing. It seems that the hospital wants to be paid in advance all they can. And they said government being in the healthcare business was a bad thing..... Glad to hear from our got it back. Thanks Obama! So we are all insured, but we need to have 5 large in savings in order to use the insurance. Vote Republican in 3 weeks.

So glad you two are okay! Sending prayers, and wishing for a speedy recovery.

When I arrived at the hospital for my party, they were somewhat quick on asking for the ...who would of thought a helicopter ride and $500K later I would be checking out

I don't think anyone will admit it but when the money runs out the care soon follows !!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Heal fast. I'm south of Green Bay it you need anything let me know.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    With a lot of folks unable to pay bills, and/or without health insurance, I can see where the Hospital would quickly learn to ~ask~, politely or not-so-politely, for $$$$$ ASAP!

Mmmm... inspiration to get serious about finding good riding boots.

Thanks for sharing; get well soon.