2014 used FB6 is very tempting - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2014 used FB6 is very tempting

Quote Originally Posted by jmdaniel View Post
    $7K less?
    I paid 6 K less for my 13, but I wasn't saying you would get as much of a discount on a new Gold Wing, I was just saying that most people rarely pay the MSRP and when looking at the MSRPs of the new Gold Wings have to take that into consideration.
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    I paid 6 K less for my 13, but I wasn't saying you would get as much of a discount on a new Gold Wing, I was just saying that most people rarely pay the MSRP and when looking at the MSRPs of the new Gold Wings have to take that into consideration.
    You’re missing my point, by focusing on your bargaining skills.

My point is that, IMO, Honda didn’t learn enough from their own missteps on the B, and are now introducing a replacement that doesn’t have enough feature distance from the B, into a market that is trending downward from the one the B was sold into, but still at the bloated price they couldn’t sell the B for. Recipe for disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdaniel View Post
    You’re missing my point, by focusing on your bargaining skills.

My point is that, IMO, Honda didn’t learn enough from their own missteps on the B, and are now introducing a replacement that doesn’t have enough feature distance from the B, into a market that is trending downward from the one the B was sold into, but still at the bloated price they couldn’t sell the B for. Recipe for disaster.
    Yeah, I am not following you on that...

Introducing a bike that doesn't have enough feature distance? Going to have to disagree with you on that with the upgraded electronics, new suspension, 6 spd, or a 7 spd DCT with reverse, electrically adjustable windshield, TPS, ABS, cruise etc.. and on and on. There is quite a big difference in the features of the Bagger Goldwing and the F6B

Yeah, I am not following you on that...

Introducing a bike that doesn't have enough feature distance? Going to have to disagree with you on that with the upgraded electronics, new suspension, 6 spd, or a 7 spd DCT with reverse, electrically adjustable windshield, TPS, ABS, cruise etc.. and on and on. There is quite a big difference in the features of the Bagger Goldwing and the F6B
    Aren't most of the new ride modes and adjustable suspension missing from the new Bagger Goldwing as well as some other features like the center stand ?

"... The electric windscreen is shorter on these models, and preload adjustment is manual. Honda Selectable Torque Control (HSTC), electric damping-adjust, center stand, and heated grips are not included. ..."

http://www.hondaprokevin.com/2018-ho...otor-show-news

I'd gladly trade the keyfob and Apple Car Play to get the heated grips and center stand back.

Is the GPS only on the tour or is it included on the bagger as well ?

If the new front suspension is as good as the Traxxion Mega Monty, that is a $3K fix right there.

Quote Originally Posted by ths61 View Post
    Aren't most of the new ride modes and adjustable suspension missing from the new Bagger Goldwing as well as some other features like the center stand ?

"... The electric windscreen is shorter on these models, and preload adjustment is manual. Honda Selectable Torque Control (HSTC), electric damping-adjust, center stand, and heated grips are not included. ..."

http://www.hondaprokevin.com/2018-ho...otor-show-news

I'd gladly trade the keyfob and Apple Car Play to get the heated grips and center stand back.

Is the GPS only on the tour or is it included on the bagger as well ?

If the new front suspension is as good as the Traxxion Mega Monty, that is a $3K fix right there.
    Heated grips all trim levels, if you get the any of the Tour models heated seats
    GPS all trim levels
    TPMS all trim levels
    Ride modes all trim levels
    Electric windshield all trim levels. Yes the bagger is a smaller shield than the Tour models
    Reverse on the DCT Bagger
    Hill start assist all trim levels
    There are many more features
    Yes it looks like the center stand is an option on the Bagger Gold Wing as it was on my standard when I bought a brand new take off center stand for $35 I definitely would rather have the keyless start and the electronics. Plus , when/if I get to purchase one, I would lean towards the Tour version anyways.

My first thoughts after getting more info on the '18 Wing may be a little off center but I'll share. It seems to me that Honda looked at where they went wrong on the F6B and had a marketing strategy to somewhat please everyone. After stripping most of the bells and whistles from the B like cruise, ABS, TPMS,. Reverse, etc. I've noticed a way for the new offerings to get what everybody wants. Honda and the customer. Sell a base Goldwing Tour..... Then sell the customer the truck removal kit for an additional $450 and you've got the bagger with all the full Wing goodies.

Just my .02.

Heated grips all trim levels, if you get the any of the Tour models heated seats
    GPS all trim levels
    TPMS all trim levels
    Ride modes all trim levels
    Electric windshield all trim levels. Yes the bagger is a smaller shield than the Tour models
    Reverse on the DCT Bagger
    Hill start assist all trim levels
    There are many more features
    Yes it looks like the center stand is an option on the Bagger Gold Wing as it was on my standard when I bought a brand new take off center stand for $35 I definitely would rather have the keyless start and the electronics. Plus , when/if I get to purchase one, I would lean towards the Tour version anyways.
    Found this table:

Okay, I'll ask == what is DCT ??

Dual Clutch Transmission

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Not a thing wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Fishman57 View Post
    So after letting my 2005 Kawasaki Nomad sit most of the last few years and riding maybe a dozen times a year I`ve been riding every weekend with a friend who just purchased a new bike after 16 years of no riding. I`m discovering what I used to love all over again. I`ve owned many bikes and 2 Gold Wings. I`m very interested and will probably test ride a 2014 and 2015 FB6 Deluxe.I will probably keep the Nomad or sell it to a friend . I was wondering why an amazing bike like this would sell for almost 50% of purchase price after a few years with very low mileage to boot. Are there less desirable years with known problems, or deficiencies?These are really hard to find information on. I`m really looking foward to test riding these 2 this weekend. I considered buying new, and still might but wonder how much the new models are improved over the 2014/2015. I`ve read about the new front suspension , but the used low mile prices are hard to ignore. I think its to late to reconsider after a few weeks of watching YouTube and surfing the net, but if you have any input I`d like to hear it. Regards Thomas
    I've been surprised at the prices I've seen lately on the earlier F6B's as well. I bought a 2013 last year with about 2,400 miles on it, well farkled, for under $13,000.00 and thought that was a great deal then. I think people bought some early and decided it just didn't suit them for whatever reason. While there may be bikes out with more features, this bike rides like a dream. If you find a great deal (sounds like you have) do not be afraid of this bike, unless you just want different/more features. I have a Deluxe, so I have heated grips. I have a $30.00 Go Cruise throttle lock that works great for me. I usually ride mostly off the highway when I travel for overnight rides, so cruise was not a deal breaker for me. I don't use the Go Cruise for more than a couple of minutes at a time. If you can live with the features on the bike, you won't be disappointed with it. This is a great bike, a pleasure to ride, is very capable, has lots of accessories avialable, and is very low maintenance.