Rivco Aero Peg Update - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rivco Aero Peg Update

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by daleglide View Post
    Does anyone have any idea how durable this product is? I mean the bolts go onto the cylinder heads right? I'm putting how many pounds of pressure on them. Don't get me wrong, I love the looks and function ot these pegs, I would like to how much research went into the development this product?
    Pm the op of this thread. This is a video of a man putting his full weight on a set of these demonstrating how strong the set up is.

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    Does anyone have any idea how durable this product is? I mean the bolts go onto the cylinder heads right? I'm putting how many pounds of pressure on them. Don't get me wrong, I love the looks and function ot these pegs, I would like to how much research went into the development this product?
    They have been around for at least 6-7 years. The original design was sold to many Goldwing owners by the Inventor until there was a dispute between the Inventor and his first production facility. The pegs went into hibernation for 4 years until last year when RIVCO and the Inventor decided to produce them once again with some minor tweaking.

We know of only ONE incident where someone had the pegs extended on their Goldwing , I don't recall the exact scenario but I believe that the Goldwing was being lifted on a motorcycle lift, the bike FELL over on to its side and cracked the cylinder head, if the bike had rolled forward as it was falling on the peg, the peg would have closed itself.

It connects to the center Honda accent. It is engineered to hold much more weight than what you will put on them under normal riding.

i posted a video of the owner standing on the pegs and a picture of the bike laying on the peg.
    Let me know if you have any questions.

John

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZQzJMM5BGE
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks

Great feedback, thanks. Now does anyone have them on their F6B?

lawndart
    I should have some soon, just got the UPS tracking info today.

Quote Originally Posted by lawndart View Post
    I should have some soon, just got the UPS tracking info today.

Me to

Besides Aero pegs, what other pegs are you guys would recommend and where to buy them?

Great feedback, thanks. Now does anyone have them on their F6B?
    Check out this thread for mine:

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?39-RIVCO-Products

UPS dropped off my Aero pegs today, they are like works of art, absolutely beautiful. Hope to find some time this week to install them.

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    Mine will be here Thursday! John from Rivco has been so helpful to me with these pegs. He even went as far as to go to the house of a customer who had these installed, moved the pegs forward, and took a picture with himself on the bike so I could see the peg position since him and I are almost the exact same build. That's customer service!