Am I the only one that thinks Motorcycle Boots with laces are a bad idea. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Am I the only one that thinks Motorcycle Boots with laces are a bad idea.

Cool

I have had them in the past get hung up...shorten the laces and double knot them now. Another story, heard of a guy who was wearing an old style motorcycle jacket with the loops on the shoulder. Bent over for something and a loop got caught...bad wreck !!! Stuff happens !
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    I have had them in the past get hung up...shorten the laces and double knot them now. Another story, heard of a guy who was wearing an old style motorcycle jacket with the loops on the shoulder. Bent over for something and a loop got caught...bad wreck !!! Stuff happens !
    Ditto, I've had them catch in the past but I was younger/dummer and had long laces or loose boots.

I've tried zippered boots, don't care for them. The latest boot I have is Street and Steel and I made damn sure that it had a flap over the laces. They actually have the widest flap I've seen.
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    I've tried zippered boots, don't care for them. The latest boot I have is Street and Steel and I made damn sure that it had a flap over the laces. They actually have the widest flap I've seen.
    I like the functionality of my Bates, laced in the front but with the side zipper. Set'em and your good to go plus I can wear them all day on and off the bike with ease. They're great for bike touring. I had some straight zipper ones by fox I believe and they were not as nice or comfortable to walk around in.

I have these and once they break in a little; they are very comfortable (you can get them cheaper then what Amazon currently is asking them for though). I am on my third pair now:

https://www.amazon.com/Milwaukee-Mot.../dp/B001GCMAOU

I laced up jump boots for like 21 years before... and now I like the convenience of just zipping them up. Quick and convenient

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Laces are a pain

Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post
    I see more and more ads in Motorcycle Magazines for Motorcycle Boots that lace up and no protective flap to hold the laces in place. I guess they never had the laces of a Boot get caught so their foot couldn't get to the ground at a stop!

Just an observation of what I thought to be a bad idea...
    I can't stand the laces. I have to tuck mine in to the front of the webbing so they don't get caught or untie. I find myself more and more going to my old school velcro and zip boots. Laces bad, flaps and velcro good.

Good to see I'm not the only one thinking this way... I guess it is like anything else, it's all good -- until it isn't!
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAGOLDRDR View Post
    Good to see I'm not the only one thinking this way... I guess it is like anything else, it's all good -- until it isn't!
    Ya.. nothing like expecting to put your foot down when stopped... and can't

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

laces

I made a lace cover out of 3"-4" a canvas belt, a little super glue to stop the fraying. Got my laces caught in the shift. Good thing my G/F was right in front of me. I couldn't change gears, get off the bike, put down the kick stand. Felt dumb & hopeless.

Bought my 1st pair of specific motorcycle boots this year Chippewa motorcycle boots. Wore them all summer so far I really like them. Straps with velcro and a velcro flap on top👍