What did you do to your F6B today? - Page 124
Page 124 of 126 FirstFirst ... 2474114115116117118119120121122123124125126 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 1254

Thread: What did you do to your F6B today?

I said "Hi" to her....I've been gone for 15 days.

Removed my 13 inch medium grey Madstad outer shield and put on a new 11 inch clear shield. Much better for me, the 13 inch was always a distraction because of the tint. 11 inch all the way down gives me air flow for the current heat wave we're having and all the way up gives me a nice calm ride on the highway without being in my line of vision.
    2013 F6B in black of course

Axxion

Dropped the bike this morning to have an Axxion suspension put on. It is going to suck not having the bike for a couple of days. But I always have the ST1300 to ride and remember why I hate the F6B suspension so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Colorado View Post
    Dropped the bike this morning to have an Axxion suspension put on. It is going to suck not having the bike for a couple of days. But I always have the ST1300 to ride and remember why I hate the F6B suspension so much.
    I'm in Colorado also. Where are you getting the work done?
    2013 F6B ---Nimitz Class Battle Sofa

Taxxion

Quote Originally Posted by Colorado View Post
    Wow, spending ll this money and didn't even get the name right.

"I'm in Colorado also. Where are you getting the work done?"

Traxxion has an approved shop in Windsor that is doing the work.

Knocked out 518 miles on NH back roads today. This was the first real test of the MBL risers I added a couple of weeks ago. The risers are an improvement but not perfect. I'm guessing I won't truly be happy until I have a Russel day-long and Helibars.
    I think the Russel day-long is in my near future; I'm still experiencing some pressure points with the Ultimate King after a couple of consecutive hours (but much better than stock). I'd like a little more comfort and I'm wishing I got the heated seat option for spring and fall riding. It is the middle of summer and I was chilly this morning! Where I am, I think I'd use the seat heat for half of my riding. July 30th and I used my heated grips this morning!
    Riding the upward spiral.

Quote Originally Posted by JGF6B View Post
    Knocked out 518 miles on NH back roads today. This was the first real test of the MBL risers I added a couple of weeks ago. The risers are an improvement but not perfect. I'm guessing I won't truly be happy until I have a Russel day-long and Helibars.
    I think the Russel day-long is in my near future; I'm still experiencing some pressure points with the Ultimate King after a couple of consecutive hours (but much better than stock). I'd like a little more comfort and I'm wishing I got the heated seat option for spring and fall riding. It is the middle of summer and I was chilly this morning! Where I am, I think I'd use the seat heat for half of my riding. July 30th and I used my heated grips this morning!
    A warm tush can make all the difference!
    Even on a 65 degree morning....if you didn't get that second cup of coffee or you chose the cotton briefs instead of flannel, seat heat rocks!
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Also, a note about Grip Puppies: I added these about a month ago. I like them a lot but the heat transferred to the hands from the heated grips is significantly reduced. On the highest setting I used to think the grips were almost too hot. Now, with the Grip Puppies installed, the highest heat setting feels like low. Yes, I can feel the heat, but I wish I felt more heat.
    It is a trade-off. Expect to lose some heat from the heated grips if you add the comfort of Grip Puppies. We'll see which direction I choose when autumn rolls around.
    Riding the upward spiral.

Last week Rivco Pegs and the luggage rack.
    It was the TRIVECTA and 1200 miles this week.
    Heli Bars, Madstad 13 inch clear, Mustang seat and hit the road to Maryland for work.
    That is a true test ride for the modification's, I will add a throttlemeister as I hate the sloppy throttle and I know it is a cure to the no feel grip.
    Have to say that was the smoothest 1200 miles I did in my life. Can't wait for this round of work to be finished as I have no return schedule. Can we say Shenandoah and Natchez trace in one week.
    2015 Matt Grey F6B Deluxe - Gloria
    2011 BMW K 1300S - Stella
    2000 Triumph Sprint ST - Trixie
    2000 Ducati Monster 900 - Monster
    1985 HD FXRS (Still in the Shop as a reminder) - Frita
    1984 HD XLX - The First

I have a pile of parts to install in the garage...Todays installation...a Bluetooth dongle so I now have tunes via iphone.