Slow, conservative riders unite! - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Slow, conservative riders unite!

Quote Originally Posted by Limoles View Post
    Don't even try to compare these multiple barbaric rates to N.J.
    I betcha that the rates in Michigan and the Detroit area are higher in many cases...Cost to insure a 2014 Ford Explorer in the city is about $5,000 a year...Don't know about bikes as I , thank God, do not live in Detroit...Michigan has the most stupid catastrophic no-fault laws in the nation....80% of the folks in the city drive without insurance as they cannot afford to buy it.....I refuse to go into the city for many reasons and drivers without insurance is only of them...Done with may rant,,,,Sorry!!!

Ditto.

It oughta be a crime to have this much fun on a motorcycle.

shooter
    I let the situation dictate how I ride. I mostly ride two up on the B. I never jeopardize my wife's safety. That's not to say I won't pass a car but it will be safe. I ride my M109R with my son on his 675 Daytona and we will ride a little more aggressive. Still safe. Even though he is 30 I still like to set a good example. Riding in groups we try to put the slowest in front. Those are the days I enjoy the scenery. I also confess to pumping it up sometimes. Can't help it. I love the sound of my 9 above 6000 rpm. And since I put the V&H on the B it sounds pretty sweet also. My body knows I'm 56 but it hasn't convinced my mind yet.

My feeling is that wherever I'm going, it will still be there when I arrive whether I'm doing 75 or 105.

Hard to enjoy the scenery when everything is a blur. Left my crotch rocket mentality with that type of bike back in the early 1990's.

Used to ride with a decent size group but now prefer to ride with only one or two others and it's always the same one or two guys so we know what to expect pretty much and give each other the spacing for a safe and pleasurable ride.

The addition of Sena headsets has made things even more stress free on our multi-day rides where the leader (usually me) just has to worry about leading (speed, lane positions, etc) and the number two guy handles navigation and just calls out way points.

My hot rod days are over. I'm more of a lowrider now.

Quote Originally Posted by bob109 View Post

"There are "Bold Riders and "Old Riders" but there aren't many "Old Bold Riders"

Hence.............the name.

In the 70's it was all about 0 to ___ (fill in the blank according to the bike). Now it is about enjoying the ride to where ever you are going. Ryde on, Bro.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

guess not too slow and conservatively

For me -
    Fast or aggressive riding is defensive riding.
    If I'm going to go, I'd just as soon it be in my hands than following the pack or cages who could care less and make sport out of cutting bikes off.
    And trust me, I'M living with the possible repurcussion of this action. Wear a helmet, always..
    J
    4 Wheels Move the Body
    2 Wheels Move the Soul
    In Loving Memory of My Brother
    "Death Waits In The Dark"

2013 F6B Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstiff's F6B View Post
    For me -
    Fast or aggressive riding is defensive riding.
    If I'm going to go, I'd just as soon it be in my hands than following the pack or cages who could care less and make sport out of cutting bikes off.
    And trust me, I'M living with the possible repurcussion of this action. Wear a helmet, always..
    J
    I don't scrape parts but otherwise, +1!

Authentic

The day after having cup of good Chinese hot tee with my 75 years old neighbor and on his request of showing him some ethnic stores in Philadelphia , I rode my B on AC Expressway about 75 mph and he followed me behind . Suddenly I notices he passed me , exceeding 85 mph or so. To no surprise , coming from nowhere State Trooper forced him to pull over. In routinely repeated question , cop asked :
    "Sir , do you know , how fast you were driving " ?
    My neighbor responded: "Son - I know , but do you know , this is an "Expressway" and you , chasing me for no reason , driving like a maniac over 100 mph , caused even bigger public endangerment ?"

Cop let him go without writing the ticket and I've seen smiles on everybody's faces .

I love funny people . I love their sense of humor and I love to laugh .
    It really makes life better and easier !!!!!!!!!
    Maybe it's time to have good and aromatic tee ?

It's not a throttle, it's a scenery modulator.
    ss^,
    Ken

Quote Originally Posted by fxdl2051 View Post
    It's not a throttle, it's a scenery modulator.
    That is one for the fortune cookie

Tortoise and the hare: Did a cross country a couple of years ago with a buddy (which I never do). We call him "Tail light Tommy" because that's all you see of him, Mr. 85 - 90 mph. Then he waits on the side of the road with his arms folded pissed off. I lose him by NJ, purposely, not answering my phone the whole day finally I pick it up at the end of day 1 and I'm 38 miles ahead of him. Gave him the wrong hotel and wrong exit to meet me at so we could start Day 2 together. Did the rest of the trip there and back alone at my 65 mph reflex-friendly speed, nothing like it.