Memorial Weekend motorcycle vacation ended before it really gets started - Page 4
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Memorial Weekend motorcycle vacation ended before it really gets started

Sorry to hear about your accident.This is why I did not like the Rivco pegs.If this had happened without them you might have scratched the engine guard as these bikes flop over pretty well protected.Plus I believe when they go over to the side like that the engine cuts out from a angle sensor type switch.Heck you walked away from it so alls not that bad

Has anyone; or does anyone know; of any issues with the Kuryakyn Ergo III's causing damage to the valve covers, if the bike falls over?

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Has anyone; or does anyone know; of any issues with the Kuryakyn Ergo III's causing damage to the valve covers, if the bike falls over?
    Well, I forgot my kickstand wasn't down, was distracted and the bike went over before I could catch her. She went down soft though as I had a hand on her. Just couldn't completely stop the momentum. The Ergo IIIs were fine. Of course they don't attach to the valve covers. I can tell you I've dragged the mounts in the corners last year. Only damage was to the mount where I ground them on the pavement.

Attached Images Attached Images
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    My kickstand was not all the way down and I laid it over softly while pulling as hard as I could and screaming all the while. The Kury rolled over on the mount and made a slight dent into the valve cover. You have to look real hard. I do not even classify that as an accident.

BTW---I understand what Chop is saying. It is going to cost him $500 either way whether it is insurance deductible or parts. May as well get everything fixed and let somebody else do the sweating.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    My kickstand was not all the way down and I laid it over softly while pulling as hard as I could and screaming all the while. The Kury rolled over on the mount and made a slight dent into the valve cover. You have to look real hard. I do not even classify that as an accident.

BTW---I understand what Chop is saying. It is going to cost him $500 either way whether it is insurance deductible or parts. May as well get everything fixed and let somebody else do the sweating.
    Thanks Old Ryder !!
    SOUTHERN small town Wisconsin

6 has been in the shop since the Memorial weekend incident, finally got my estimate from the dealer last Wednesday, turned it in and am waiting on the adjuster. My estimate ended up being a bit over 2,599.99 which included the right exhaust and a new right side saddlebag lid.Attachment 25623 Enclosed is a pic of the new Rivco pegs complete w/nub for your boot to catch for opening and a cut out so they might break off before they did the damage they did to my valve cover. $70.00 pair
    Scheduled to be worked on this coming Friday if the adjuster gets off her ass.

$70/ pair? Where can you get them for that? I assume that's just the flip out but didn't know you could order just that part.

Quote Originally Posted by seventwenty View Post
    $70/ pair? Where can you get them for that? I assume that's just the flip out but didn't know you could order just that part.
    Yes it is just the flip out part, come in a pair for $70.00, the little nub to open and close w/the shoe and the cut out to possible eliminate damage if you fall on them is kinda nice, Not on the website, need to call and ask for it.

Cant get pics to load on our site.Attachment 25626

$70/pr.
    I'll be getting those.
    Thanks mate!
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce