Best replacement windshield? - Page 5
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Best replacement windshield?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstiff's F6B View Post
    Another very happy Baggershield owner.

The quick change only takes a few minutes.
    And although I have never had any issue with the shields rubbing against each other while using the lower shield; a very simple safe guard is a $1.50 pack of those small, adhesive backed, black rubber dots at Ace. They are about 1/4" diameter.
    Just one placed behind the lower shield, where the Baggershield sticker is, totally eliminates any chance the two could rub together.

I'm a very happy Baggershield owner as is the wife when the shield is extended.

It still looks new after 3 plus years under normal care.

For the cost, performance/functionality and added look to the F-6B, great value IMO.
    Jim
    I like my braggershield also. Live in Florida and pop it up and down during the rainy season. I use 1/2 inch weather stripping, two pieces cut about 1/2 inch long placed on the dark shield where the top shield ends when down!

I also went with the Madstad

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    The F4 is an amazing product - their display at bike shows with the steel wool NOT scratching their windshield is very impressive.
    And if you are like my namesake, Steve 0080, and MUST have a vent, these are optimal.

I went with Madstad because I thought the two piece in dark smoke just looked cool as sh$t and gave Isleen more of a badass look.
    And, it works well at throwing wind & rain over the pilot and not at the pilot.
    Cheers,
    Steve
    I love the Madstad! No buffering, but some nice airflow. Worked perfect for me as well. I went with the bottom piece in smoke and the top in clear.

Good luck,
    Geoff

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstiff's F6B View Post
    Another very happy Baggershield owner.

The quick change only takes a few minutes.
    And although I have never had any issue with the shields rubbing against each other while using the lower shield; a very simple safe guard is a $1.50 pack of those small, adhesive backed, black rubber dots at Ace. They are about 1/4" diameter.
    Just one placed behind the lower shield, where the Baggershield sticker is, totally eliminates any chance the two could rub together.

I'm a very happy Baggershield owner as is the wife when the shield is extended.

It still looks new after 3 plus years under normal care.

For the cost, performance/functionality and added look to the F-6B, great value IMO.
    Jim
    I also have the Baggershield and I also placed a small felt button behind the sticker. After 25,000 miles the shield still looks great no scratches. But I usually kept the clear shield at home. I only use it in cold or wet weather or on a trip.

Quote Originally Posted by JackB View Post
    ... But I usually kept the clear shield at home. I only use it in cold or wet weather or on a trip.
    That's actually a good idea.

Has anyone used the three pocket faring pouch with their Baggershield (attaches inside to the three wingnuts)?

Replacement Windshield

This is my first post ever on any forum. I bought a 2016 Matte Silver F6B deluxe two weeks ago. The 115 mile drive home made me hate the bike. The stock windshield was absolutely useless. I read several post and articles. I purchased a Taka 14" windshield. Wow, what a difference. I am 6'2" with a 32" inseam.The wind was pushed over my head and I had a clear line of sight over the windshield.Even with 20mph gust I could hear he radio at 65 and I love the bike. Hoping for a good ride this weekend. We shall see how it holds up. The installation was straight forward perhaps made a little easier by watching one done on the net. F6Broy

Since this thread is coming back to life... and I now have some experience with my BaggerShield... I'd like to introduce something new...

The BaggerShield Recurve! (Invented by yours truly).

Not being totally happy with my existing shield, and figuring, "what have I got to lose," I decided to modify my BaggerShield by adding one additional mounting point in the center of the shield. By drilling an additional hole, I have increased the angle of attack on the upper portion of the windscreen, to help push the air "up and over" like many of the "recurve" type shields claim to do, but still maintaining the ability to flip the windscreen down behind the lower section. I just made this modification last night, and while I had the BaggerShield off, I also decided to give one other windscreen a try... the SlipStreamer Tall Clear with Vent that also came with my bike. After I get a chance to try that out... I'll reinstall the modified BaggerShield and let you all know what the improvements... if any... are.

The pictures below (assuming that the forum software is working again), show the changes made in the shield.

NOPE! still can't add a flippin' image.
    Anything I try to upload says: 500 [IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2038"]

Well... it'll probably get me banned to put a link here, but it's exactly why I started my own website, so...
    In an effort to stay within the rules... go to my profile, click on my "homepage" and go to the Farkles then BaggerShield menu items if you would like to see some photos of what I am talking about.

Jim

Klockworks

Dave , what size is your windshield?

how ugly is the madstad?

OK I thought I was all set with my shield (Cee Baily 14") but it could be better. Everyone says 2 things about madstad...how good and how ugly. The madstad website really doesnt show the hardware, mounting, overall and specific visual effect....soooooo:

PLEASE post pics of madstad trying to highlight how ugly it could be [lol] if the worst isn't so bad, I may go with it!! I like looks and function, and sometimes perfect function ADDS to looks.

I'd really appreciate it! Thanks.

Baggershield sport here seems to work good for me 6' tall doesn't have great coverage but air stream is fairly smooth the price is great and I like the way it looks

I'm in the market for a shield, I had a Clearview on my last B. I think I would go with their lowest one as I kept having to have perfect posture to see over it well. Looking at some other options as well (it takes quite a while to get a Clearview). I did like having the vent, which limits choices. The Baggershield is 19", which means I'm looking through it at all times. I'm not sure what I think of looking through two pieces of plastic as I wear a full face.
    18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN