Honda Extended Warranty
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Honda Extended Warranty

Honda Extended Warranty

Is the Honda Extended Warranty worth the $800.00 dollars they are asking for it. By buying this warranty it would extend it out to 7 years total plus roadside assistance . I did not ask the salesman if there was a deductible. If you any of you guys have this warranty please chime in.

warranty

All I know about it is you can add it anytime in the first 3 year warranty period. Whether or not anyone has used it yet is debatable. Total of 200 bucks a year to increase it the 4 years is pricey and like you said is it worth it. Unless you can find someone that has taken advantage of this warranty with a broke down motorcycle is the only way you would know how good the coverage is.

Shop around it can be had for much less money, and yes it is worth the money I have used it
    on my 02 wing both handle bar controls, and just think if your the unlucky one with a ghost
    shifting transmission that is a costly repair.

If I could get it at that price I'd jump all over it. Up here it is around $1700.00.
    2013 F6B in black of course

Admin - Chief poop scooper Phantom's Avatar
    CALL our supporting vendor .... Honda of Russelville ..... much less for our members

Successful people build each other up. They motivate, inspire and push each other. Unsuccessful people just hate, blame and complain.

Insurance... you buy it hoping to use it, the insurance company sells it hoping you dont!!! Age old question.... if you dont you will wish you did, if you do you will be mad you did not use it ????
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I always heard that extended warranties are huge money makers for the providers. Personally, I would take my chances. Insurances take care of road side assistance on most policies. Sitting on this site for a few weeks now makes me think this bike is pretty much trouble free, no?

At 14,000 miles I blew 2nd gear out of my tranny... who woulda thunk something like that might be possible?

26 hours of quoted book labor and $1,200 of parts came to a grand total of nearly $5,000. Unfortunately crap occurs.

Thank GOD my warranty covered this... and I'll be getting as much extended warranty as I can. If I go the whole extra 4 years and not use it, it will still have paid for itself with peace of mind IMO.

Also, you don't have to get the full 4 years; I think you can get 2 or 3 for cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    CALL our supporting vendor .... Honda of Russelville ..... much less for our members
    I'll be doing exactly this!

I bought the Honda extended warranty. I paid $400 for 3 years ( mine came with a 4 year warranty). I thought $125 a year was a good deal when the bike is 4 years old.
    Offer them less.

I bought my Honda extended warranty for $500.00 with road hazard unlimited use.

I think it would be great if I never had to use it. But I feel good just in case I do.

$120.00 a year is not that bad. I think that if your warranty runs out and some stupid electrical issue or something small occurs you may just let it go and live with it. With the warranty I know that for the next 7 years everything on the bike will be as it should be. Good peace of mind and now I can ride it like I stole it and not worry. I can go anywhere traveling by myself and know that I can get road side assistance without a hassle.
    Steve