Tunes are getting close - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tunes are getting close

Sure is a hassle that I have not mastered, converting my iTunes to some format that can be loaded on a stick!!!

Hopefully the Sony player works fine; I don't recall many people using this brand... it's either an iPod or a general USB flash drive. Someone here can get you rolling if it gives you trouble.

I had that 3.5mm plug in the left cubby since the bike was new, and have never used it. I'll be removing it and replacing the rubber plug. A USB stick in the saddlebag USB port is the ticket.

16 GB may hold 5,500 songs... it could also hold 5,500,000 songs or just 55; it depends if the music files are compressed and then on the compression quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg O View Post
    May I ask what parts are needed for this conversion. Did you interrupt the usb cable going to the saddle bags.
    There's an OEM 3.5mm plug that connects to an existing connector behind the cubby; really simple and easy to install. Not sure what your other question is asking Greg... but if you just want to use the OEM USB port, no "interrupting" of anything is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastergunny View Post
    Sure is a hassle that I have not mastered, converting my iTunes to some format that can be loaded on a stick!!!
    Convert to Mp3 @ 320 kbps. Done. It's probably easier than you're thinking.

Is there 2 plugs behind the left cubby. 1 for a cigarette plug and 1 for a usb?

Nope. There's one for a cigarette plug and one for a 3.5mm audio input plug.

USB is in the left saddlebag

2015 Matte Silver Deluxe

Behind the left cubby

I pulled the left cubby out there is a big silicone sleeve tucked behind some wiring, I fished that out there is a white plastic plug in it for the 3.5 MM plug and a red plastic plug in it for the OEM Honda electrical socket I purchase. On the bottom of the cubby there is a rubber plug that has to be remove to put in the 3.5 mm plug and on the back corner of it you will see a circled X you drill a 1 1/4 inch hole for the OEM socket. Put that in and finesse the cubby back in place and your done.

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    That Sony 16gb will hold about 5500 3 minute songs depending on the length as long 4 minute songs it would hold less. But 5500 songs. I'd be dead before I heard the last one.
    Plenty of space to put ALL "The Ramones" songs...

Being the Electronics wizard I am not

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    There's an OEM 3.5mm plug that connects to an existing connector behind the cubby; really simple and easy to install. Not sure what your other question is asking Greg... but if you just want to use the OEM USB port, no "interrupting" of anything is needed.

Convert to Mp3 @ 320 kbps. Done. It's probably easier than you're thinking.
    I have no clue what to put in the left saddlebag to play music off of. Do you have to purchase an IPOD? Electrical stuff and myself are like dynamite and matches, we get together and its game over. I thought I was doing the right thing hooking up an MP3 player in the left cubby but now I am not so sure. What do you plug into the USB port that I didn't even know was there to play music with the controls on the handlebars?

Quote Originally Posted by seadog View Post
    I have no clue what to put in the left saddlebag to play music off of. Do you have to purchase an IPOD? Electrical stuff and myself are like dynamite and matches, we get together and its game over. I thought I was doing the right thing hooking up an MP3 player in the left cubby but now I am not so sure. What do you plug into the USB port that I didn't even know was there to play music with the controls on the handlebars?
    The saddlebag USB port and the controls (both on the left grip, and the Mode knob) are very friendly to iPods.
    Press the Aux button to toggle between the 3.5mm in the left cubby, and the USB port in the saddlebag.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce