Introduction - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Introduction

Quote Originally Posted by D-Train View Post
    The dealer responded that the 24000 mile servicing is $650 and they've offered to split it with me. So $325, I believe this includes replacing the air filter, right? They can do it today but want my OK. I've seen where you guys said this servicing is mostly stuff I could do myself. You guys know this bike better than I do obviously, should I go for it? Thanks!
    Two schools of thought:
    1. Yes you can do a lot yourself and save some money.
    2. You can have the dealer DOCUMENT a service to give you a starting point and THEN if something is wrong, you have grounds to go back and ask them what's the deal?

For $325? I'm having them do it and DOCUMENT that the bike is good to go.
    Of course, their ulterior "plan" might be to find something that needs "attention" and bill you for it, in which case you ask them why were they going to sell it to you in a condition that "warranted attention"?

$325, no more, bike is GOOD TO GO!
    Cheers,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Many thanks Steve, that's kinda what I figured you would say so they're already on it. I told them to replace the air filter even if they think it doesn't need it. He replied "we might have to oder the filter" so I'm thinking a dealer with 600 bikes on the sales floor, a bunch of which are probably Wings, and they need to maybe order the filter? I say BS. Anyway, I guess I'm committed to buying it now. And yes, I'm still excited, especially now that this important service is being done.