2014 Valkyrie and F6B - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2014 Valkyrie and F6B

Looks a lot like the ctx1300...maybe it will grow on people. I hated the lines of the B when I first saw one. I still think my VTX1800F looks better

2014 valkyrie & f6b

Quote Originally Posted by CBXBob View Post
    Saw at NYC show. Mixed Emotions. Glad I have my 2013 F6B Red. New valk does not have the open engine visual impact of old. Prob a lot better performer. Only one Old Man's opinion, and you know what they say. Good to see lots of new activity from all MFG's
    Had a 2014 valkyrie & traded for a leftover 2013 red f6b. Needed luggage space for my copilot. My thought after 4k miles on each. The Valkyrie feels more powerful, probably due to its lesser weight, and didn't exhibit the cold engine 2000 rpm hesitation the f6b has until warm. The Valkyrie will flat out handle the f6b, again due to less weight and an inch larger tire front and rear. Mileage for me was better also. Less wall up front for wind to push against. A small handlebar mount shield was all I needed and would do 500 mile trips to N.C. on the stock seat no problem, but then I've been riding for 46 years and have owned over 80 bikes of all makes. The f6b is a Cadillac on the highway, and the seat is WAY better than the Valkyrie for both of us. I have the tall Honda shield and get no buffering or wind noise at all. Tune volume on 12 to 14 is all I need, anything more hurts my ear, as I can only hear well out of one. Installed centerstand and Honda tour bag behind Show Chrome backrest and all is good. My take: F6b for extended highway trips,but the Valkyrie is great for around town/Dragon Slaying/Snappy fun!

Agree with everything you said.
    I had 2014 Valk, traded in for 2016 F6B Deluxe love both but lack of storage made me look into F6B. i wish i had some extra cash (valk) still sitting on dealer floor i would buy back for around town..
    bottom line both great bikes.. i had 2 new Harleys (2012 Glide/2014 Limited) would not go back to harley unless they gave me one for nothing...

Somebody's gotta be different--may as well be ME

I traded my F6B for a Valkyrie because for the smaller size and less weight. Everything said is true. Both bikes are great---just made for different purposes. The new Valk is a Sport Bike with monster power and moderate comfort. It is referred to as a "Power Cruiser", but I don't think of it as a cruiser at all. More like a "Heavyweight sportbike".

BTW---I also had a '99 Valkyrie Interstate. The biggest reason I got rid of it was that it was very top heavy with the wife on the back and brakes were not that good because of all of the weight. JMHO of course.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    I traded my F6B for a Valkyrie because for the smaller size and less weight. Everything said is true. Both bikes are great---just made for different purposes. The new Valk is a Sport Bike with monster power and moderate comfort. It is referred to as a "Power Cruiser", but I don't think of it as a cruiser at all. More like a "Heavyweight sportbike".

BTW---I also had a '99 Valkyrie Interstate. The biggest reason I got rid of it was that it was very top heavy with the wife on the back and brakes were not that good because of all of the weight. JMHO of course.
    I also went F6B to Valkyrie. While I loved my F6B and put over 40k miles on it in the three years I had it I just wanted something that was more raw for lack of a better term. The power plant is obviously the same and still very refined but the more open feel of the bike without the Large fixed fairing makes it a totally different experience. The weight being shed also does translate to a power bump, and of course being more exposed the seat of the pants power increase is even more so.

The only downsides for me were lack of storage, which was remedied by attaching a Givi knock off to the Honda OEM rack that is available and the torture device they call a seat. A brand new Corbin Dual Tour solved that issue and now all is well. Just wish I had more time to pile on mileage this year. Two young kids and a teenager make for slim pickings some times.