2017 Rally - Attendance Information (take 2)

Thread: 2017 Rally - Attendance Information (take 2)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    GaTeach
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdaniel View Post
    Dana, what is your last name? After checking the National Weather Service map for the week, I'm going to cancel my room this morning. I'm 0-2 on planned trips to the Smokies this year, due to torrential rain, but my situation is a minor inconvenience, compared to that hitting the folks in Houston.

https://graphical.weather.gov/sectors/conus.php#tabs

I'm glad I wasn't the only one that thought that...
    Please don't give up on the Smokies! Next time you can get out here, let me know. We can round some folks up and have a mini-rally. Y'all be safe! Texans are the toughest folks around, but damn...

Quote Originally Posted by GaTeach View Post
    Please don't give up on the Smokies! Next time you can get out here, let me know. We can round some folks up and have a mini-rally. Y'all be safe! Texans are the toughest folks around, but damn...
    Thanks, Teach, I'm thinking sometime in mid October, lord have mercy and the creeks don't rise and all that...

Well, even after waiting to nearly the last minute, I still have to cancel. I have several deadlines here at work I was hoping to get well positioned for prior to leaving, but that looks like it's not going to happen. I've never been the type who "lives to work", or even one who believes anybody should be like that, but this project has been my baby for the past 10 months and I need to keep the momentum rolling.

Anyway, I swear I'm cursed in my ability to make it to our Rally. Disappointed I'll miss out on great riding and making new friends, but I hope everyone has a spectacular and safe time! I canceled my Vacation Lodge reservations moments ago, but as others have said, it sounds like they're over-booked to begin with but might not hurt to try.

As a Cleveland sports fan I am used to the saying "There's always next year!" that I'll make it to the rally. Ride safe!

Quote Originally Posted by Elroy View Post
    Well, even after waiting to nearly the last minute, I still have to cancel. I have several deadlines here at work I was hoping to get well positioned for prior to leaving, but that looks like it's not going to happen. I've never been the type who "lives to work", or even one who believes anybody should be like that, but this project has been my baby for the past 10 months and I need to keep the momentum rolling.

Anyway, I swear I'm cursed in my ability to make it to our Rally. Disappointed I'll miss out on great riding and making new friends, but I hope everyone has a spectacular and safe time! I canceled my Vacation Lodge reservations moments ago, but as others have said, it sounds like they're over-booked to begin with but might not hurt to try.

As a Cleveland sports fan I am used to the saying "There's always next year!" that I'll make it to the rally. Ride safe!
    I'm sorry about that Elroy - but when you are the project lead and that's what's paying the bills, well, sometimes it has to take a priority.
    Gonna miss you - again!
    However, not so much that I'm going to schedule the next Rally in Cleveland.....

Be safe,
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    I'm sorry about that Elroy - but when you are the project lead and that's what's paying the bills, well, sometimes it has to take a priority.
    Gonna miss you - again!
    However, not so much that I'm going to schedule the next Rally in Cleveland.....

Be safe,
    Steve
    Thank you Steve, appreciate all you and everyone else does to keep this place around. Not being able to go this year stings a bit more than previous years for whatever reason.

"...schedule the next Rally in Cleveland..."
    Yeah, I wouldn't let you do this anyway.

Weather? What? Are you made of sugar?
    NO, but my Isleen is SWEET!

Somebody just might be bringing some of mama's pecan pie...shhhhhhh.
    If so, that's awfully SWEET of her and I'll promise I ain't sharing!
    Lol.
    Steve
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

GaTeach
    Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    NO, but my Isleen is SWEET!

If so, that's awfully SWEET of her and I'll promise I ain't sharing!
    Lol.
    Steve
    She thinks she's being edgy-baking pies for a bike rally. I'll guarantee you she's already on the phone with her friends, telling them she's sending pecan pie to a HA gathering.