We have been insulted!!!!!! But he seems to be correct - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: We have been insulted!!!!!! But he seems to be correct

Money is always a factor for most, but it wouldn't have kept me from getting a full Gold WIng if that was what I had wanted. I was toying with the idea of a BMW 1600,but not crazy about the styling. I contemplated a full Wing, but the seating position was one of the reasons I preferred the F6B. It wasn't until this year that I was actually seriously shopping. I looked at a 14 and test rode a yellow one (not my color of choice). I was kind of leaning towards a black one, but with my wife insisting that "everyone has a black bike" and that my Valkyrie is red and white, I decided on the red. Which leaves me with the 2013. Plus, back to the money issue, I saw no reason in paying more for a 14 than I would for the same bike as a 13.

I bought the F6b and my buddy bought the full wing. We both started adding things to the bikes.
    You gotta make it your own.
    Cost wasn't the issue.
    I'm just not old enough for a full wing!

Quote Originally Posted by opas ride View Post
    Good comments from all..Me, personally, I don't give a "rats putoot" how others see or perceive my F6B or what they call it..I love the thing and intend to ride it for a long time...Set up the way I want, painted the way I want, and runs like I want....One of the best bikes, if not the best, I have owned/ridden in almost 60 years of riding.....Regards and ride safe
    Exactly, Thank You. Could not have stated it any better.

But the comments above on jealousy need to be better defined ... I ride with a few full blown wings, never got the "poor mans wing" or the "gold wing wannabe" comments from a Gold Wing rider.
    It's only the H-D riders that make those comments to me, and that HAS TO BE jealousy, deep, deep, down they want a bike as fine as the F6B, but they settle for the fancy
    paint, chrome and maintenance costs. I know, I rode an FLH for a while. Now, if they want to pick on my OEM paint job, they got me there.

shooter
    I agree with Opas. Screw em. Who cares what they think. They're jealous. Yours is faster , rides better , looks better , and will definitely last longer. I bought what I wanted.

I bought my f6b because when I saw it I had to have it.
    Money not the issue.
    Its a bad azz mofo no lazy boy on back stripped down Wing flat 6 1800 beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    one of my buddies said "It is a poor man's Goldwing". That response kinda hit my button.
    I would just laugh at the fool, get on my bike, and take off with vigorous throttle. Then see what he says about a "poor man's Goldwing".

Quote Originally Posted by BadDawg View Post
    I bought my B because it wasn't a Wing despite what the little badge says. I bought it because it was a bad ass bagger. I have no desire to change anything that takes away from its basic design, I don't want a trunk, I don't want a tall windshield, I don't want a ton of extra buttons and controls (cruise control exempt from that statement) This is not my poor mans Goldwing, this is my badass bagger.
    My thoughts exactly! Given the choice of a full blown wing and my B-- I will take the B straight up!

BTW--Why don't Goldwing riders wave at you?
    Answer: There isn't a button for that.

Quote Originally Posted by F6B1911 View Post
    Exactly, Thank You. Could not have stated it any better.

But the comments above on jealousy need to be better defined ... I ride with a few full blown wings, never got the "poor mans wing" or the "gold wing wannabe" comments from a Gold Wing rider.
    It's only the H-D riders that make those comments to me, and that HAS TO BE jealousy, deep, deep, down they want a bike as fine as the F6B, but they settle for the fancy
    paint, chrome and maintenance costs. I know, I rode an FLH for a while. Now, if they want to pick on my OEM paint job, they got me there.
    I don't talk much about my F6B. My friends and others tell me good things about it, and I just smile. cueman

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Adding extras:
    - Fog lights (there was a place for them - needed to be filled)
    - headlight protectors (duh)
    - bright tail light bits (being seen rocks!)
    - belly pan (protecting my pretty girl's undercarriage)
    - Hambley custom badges (buying her jewelry)
    - Smuggler solo seat (I'm her one and only)

Not exactly "full dresser" mods.

Nothing "poor" about this bike.
    Could have purchased a Full Wing.
    F6B fit better.
    Yes there are some OCD impulse buyers out there that need to try everything in sight, but when you look at their bike? Looks pretty clean.
    The 1% that get all the GW options as add-ons? Can't help you there.

Bottom line: to each his own. Judge your own ride, offer polite opinions on others' rides. Be prepared to defend your opinions or run, as necessary.

Cheers,
    Steve

Easy ! Easy ! I resemble that remark !!!!
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Easy ! Easy ! I resemble that remark !!!!
    Yup. But your bike looks really clean Steve. In fact, except for the ring lights & HIDs, I have all the lighting you do.
    Cheers!
    Steve