Honda Australia ( response to three simple questions) - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Honda Australia ( response to three simple questions)

G'day all Just had a call from Honda Australia re the emails.
    Firstly there was an apology for the stock response about the paint and an resolution that will help move things forward.
    Secondly to have an honest and open discussion about the points originally raised was refreshing and helpful.
    So I have to say thanks to those concerned at Honda.
    Roger

Been buying parts for my bikes for over 40 years now and know you get ripped off. All I know is by from America or Japan and Ebay is your friend and just because it is an OEM part dosn't mean they made it ????
    I think Harley makes its tins and that the only American thing on em, most electrical for bikes is done Germany or Sth Korea China. Next time you get an OEM product read what the writing is on the box. It most likely says designed and engineered by ???????? but manufactured elsewhere.
    As I said Ebay is your friend

Hi guys. i can relate to your problems with Honda Australia. The following are copies of a recent discussion i had with them and although my replies may sound a little sarcastic and over the top i will make two point

1- their reply was in response to a question i asked about the care and protection of matte paint as you may guess.

2- i had contacted them in regards to a CTX1300 i owned as well as the very points made abut overpriced parts and got the same response 3 times over a 12 month period, effectively fobbed off with sales-speak, remote quotes and no real answers.

I have yet to receive a reply to this recent exchange,

Love Honda's, customer service, no.

Attn: Customer Service Manager
    Jim Ward
    21/01/2016
    [Keep this message at the top of your inbox]
    To: Honda Australia Customer Service
    Hello,

Ref: 00076303

As you can see by the attached previous correspondence with your department, I was slightly miffed to have asked a specific question in regards to matte paint on a new F6B and to receive a fairly irrelevant standard reply. As yet I have not had any response to this issue. If your department is not going to pay attention to their customers here in Australia, I will attempt to speak to Honda Motorcycles in Japan and see if they are more interested in their customers.

Thank you,

To: customer.relations@hondampe.com.au
    Subject: RE: HONDA F6B GOLDWING - Cleaning process
    Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2016 12:51:53 +1100

Dear Ken,

Thank you for your quick response to my inquiry.

As my question related specifically to MATTE paint, I will assume that the information and advice that you have returned to me applied to this very product- MATTE PAINT. I will also assume from this information that it is perfectly safe to use high quality washes, waxes and detailing products on my new MATTE Honda F6B. I will also assume that this is not a standard letter sent out to customers inquiring about paint protection or indeed, a lazy answer to a specific inquiry.

It is strange that I have read numerous accounts on the internet stating DEFINITELY DO NOT USE ANY WAXES, WASHES, POLISHES OR DETAILING PRODUCTS that are not specifically for MATTE PAINT. However, as previously mentioned, my inquiry was about MATTE PAINT on Honda products. Therefore, I shall assume that I am able to use normal high quality waxes etc on my brand new and beautiful Honda motorcycle as I specifically asked Honda Australia for their best advice on this issue.

Naturally, I will keep this correspondence on file in case of any future warranty problems and, in fact, may spread the good news that commercially available waxes and other detailing products are able to be used on Honda motorcycles MATTE PAINT surfaces and are recommended by Honda. I am in the process of joining the Honda F6B forum and I may post this among all the other F6B owners. Unless of course, I receive different advice from Honda Australia in regards to my MATTE PAINT.

Kind regards

> Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2016 22:12:42 +0000
    > From: customer.relations@hondampe.com.au
    > To: onh28@hotmail.com
    > Subject: Re: HONDA F6B GOLDWING - Cleaning process
    >
    > Dear James,
    >
    > Thank you for your recent enquirer.
    >
    > We can advise that Honda uses clear coat on some paints with metallic, flake and pearl finish to enhance lustre of the colour. Usually, non-metallic blacks and reds are deemed to have a better looking finish without clear coat.
    >
    > For routine or normal paint care, Honda recommends high quality wash products and waxes or detailing products that are free of abrasive polishing compounds. Regular application of high quality wax will provide a protective coating, minimizing paint scratching and scuffing. All painted surfaces, whether clear coated or not, collect dust and dirt. Swirl marks and scratches are created when the surface is not cleaned prior to the application of the finishing polish. It may also happen when rough cloth is used on a dry paint surface.
    >
    > If the paint has small scratches or swirl marks, they can be rubbed out with a finishing polish containing mild compounds, such as 3M Perfect-it Machine Polish. This commercially available product has shown great results in removing the haze and small scratches that appear during normal usage. After small scratches are removed, a mild polishing product such as Honda Glare should be used to attain the final gloss. Applying these products to recently un-crated units with minor paint blemishes could eliminate the unnecessary replacement of body panels and prevent sales delays.
    >
    > Paint on the polishing cloth is normal and is caused by the type of polish being used. Some waxes and all finishing polishes, especially those made for removing fine scratches, swirls and other imperfections will remove some paint.
    >
    > Products recommended by Honda, Please ensure you follow the usage instructions listed on the product.
    > Honda Glare Ultra Wash P/N 08732-GLR-002
    > Honda Glare Professional Polish P/N 08731-GLR-001
    > Hondagloss Liquid Polish and Sealant P/N 08C25-A081S
    > Spray Cleaner and Polish P/N 08732-SCP00
    > 3M Products www.3M.com Perfect-it Machine Polish (3M P/N 06064)
    >
    > Feel free to contact us again should you have any further questions.
    > Regards,
    > Ken.
    >

By the way, hello to all fellow Aussies, have a good Australia day.