Reasonable Offer for new F6B/Deluxe - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Reasonable Offer for new F6B/Deluxe

Thanks guys. Now, I just need some warm Ohio weather and get some seat time.
    The dealer did offer me an extended 4 year warranty for $599 taking it out for a total of 7 years. What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyGen View Post
    Thanks guys. Now, I just need some warm Ohio weather and get some seat time.
    The dealer did offer me an extended 4 year warranty for $599 taking it out for a total of 7 years. What do you think?
    Not sure I'd bite on the extended warranty but I think you did well otherwise.

Be careful. Honda allows the dealer to hold that extra $2500 in Honda Bonus Bucks- that's how they get to the attractive pricing. If they are a shitty dealer, like mine, they won't disclose that until you are ready to sign the papers. In my case, the sales agreement that I signed was re-written on the day of my purchase to read that they were holding back the accessory money. After a heated argument with the sales manager and a call to Honda, I got nothing. I could have walked, but after checking, I couldn't get the same deal anywhere else so I folded. Perhaps one day the dealer will get struck by lightning and the place will violently explode with my salesman and the manager inside. I'd be ok with that.... but that's none of my business.

While I despise the way they treated me and I felt like it was shady, in the end, you're really better off that way anyhow, as the taxable sale amount will be reduced by $2500 and you can buy the same Honda or equivalent accessories for much less on your own.

Yes, I know Honda is offering the $2500 in bonus bucks on '15 and prior Goldwings and F6Bs. You are correct also in that you have to pay sales tax on that $2500 also. In my situation, the dealer was upfront and disclosed that he was utilizing those funds to make me the best deal. The way he wrote my deal up though helped because I didn't have to pay tax on the bonus bucks. I feel that I got a good, not great deal on my bike. He also only charged me $535 for the backrest, heated grips, centerstand, and installation.

That's not cool that your dealer didn't disclose the bonus bucks but at least it sounds like they included them to get you a better price on the bike? These bikes certainly aren't investments as we all know they plummet in value the minute you sign the paperwork. I bought mine because it's a hell of a bike that was discontinued in '17 and it fits my Sport touring needs perfectly.

Interesting...

The eBay bike that I mentioned a few posts ago has since expired.
    But it has now been relisted with a $11,000 Buy it now, and no more Best Offer. Must have had some serious interest.
    I did notice that over 30 people had it on their watch list... but I was surprised that it didn't sell.

Just watching the market still.

Jim

I just checked that Ebay posting out and something seems fishy with this seller. It shows only 21 feedbacks with a 0% feedback rating. If it didn't sell with that low of a buy it now price and now the price has been raised I wouldn't trust it. If it seems to good to be true, then it probably is.

way to go!

Well guys, I did it. After a little more negotiating, I bought the 2013 F6B leftover. I think the dealer gave me a fair deal.
    2013 F6B Standard $13,000
    Doc Fee $250
    Here's the crazy thing... When he saw me wavering on the '13 vs the '15 Deluxe, he ordered me the passenger backrest and heated grips at his cost ($535) and threw in a free center stand and free labor to install everything. Aside from self cancelling signals, I basically got a deluxe for $13,535. At this point I'm looking at roughly $2200 more for the '15 deluxe with cruise, transmission change, and 2 years newer. I plan on keeping the bike and just couldn't justify paying $2200 more.

Bottom line: I'm happy with the deal and I got a new F6B in red!
    Be Careful What YOU Wish For

I just checked that Ebay posting out and something seems fishy with this seller. It shows only 21 feedbacks with a 0% feedback rating. If it didn't sell with that low of a buy it now price and now the price has been raised I wouldn't trust it. If it seems to good to be true, then it probably is.
    I'm an extremely experienced eBay pro. That sellers feedback rating is 0% because you were looking at his 21 feedbacks, but none of them were during the last 12 months, and that is what the 0% shows. If you read the feedbacks he HAS received, it is for motorcycles, and they are all positive but over a year old.
    He probably ended the auction early before he got any bids because he realized he had not set a reserve price, he was getting more watchers than he expected (because he realized he priced it too low) and realized he was going to most likely have a last minute bidder and have to sell it for $10,200. I would have done the same thing. It's still a great deal but I think it's legit.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Train View Post
    I'm an extremely experienced eBay pro. That sellers feedback rating is 0% because you were looking at his 21 feedbacks, but none of them were during the last 12 months, and that is what the 0% shows. If you read the feedbacks he HAS received, it is for motorcycles, and they are all positive but over a year old.
    He probably ended the auction early before he got any bids because he realized he had not set a reserve price, he was getting more watchers than he expected (because he realized he priced it too low) and realized he was going to most likely have a last minute bidder and have to sell it for $10,200. I would have done the same thing. It's still a great deal but I think it's legit.
    Yes, but it wasn't an auction listing, it was a Buy it Now, or Best Offer, so there was no bidding or reserve price.

Quote Originally Posted by JMartin View Post
    Yes, but it wasn't an auction listing, it was a Buy it Now, or Best Offer, so there was no bidding or reserve price.
    Oh, well I guess it all amounts to the same thing. He realized he priced it too low and decided to end it early and raise the price. Still it will probably sell and it's still a great deal. The seller obviously realizes that as well.