Front LED Light Rings - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Front LED Light Rings

Quote Originally Posted by srt8-in-largo View Post
    Yup; interested. I like the turn signal usage model... but I would wire them as courtesy lighting.

When I pull into my carport at night it's pitch black; and having just looked at the road with headlights on, my pupils are dilated and I can't see a thing. I would wire these to a switch so I could turn them on after I shut the bike down... so that I'm not sitting in complete darkness trying to fumble my way to the door.

Further, I'd wire the off switch through a timer so the lights stay on for about 30 seconds while I walk to my door.
    That's a great idea. I wish they would come up with some kinda accent ring around the headlight, like Angel Eyes for the non HID crowd.
    ss^,
    Ken

Yup; interested. I like the turn signal usage model... but I would wire them as courtesy lighting.

When I pull into my carport at night it's pitch black; and having just looked at the road with headlights on, my pupils are dilated and I can't see a thing. I would wire these to a switch so I could turn them on after I shut the bike down... so that I'm not sitting in complete darkness trying to fumble my way to the door.

Further, I'd wire the off switch through a timer so the lights stay on for about 30 seconds while I walk to my door.
    Why not just the timer and forego the switch then? I could see doing that myself... Except I never trust the timers!

When I have groceries in the bike I need a couple of trips to get everything unloaded which takes more than 30 seconds.

Interesting though... I like the concept of simplicity... maybe a 5 minute timer would work instead of the switch.

When I have groceries in the bike I need a couple of trips to get everything unloaded which takes more than 30 seconds.

Interesting though... I like the concept of simplicity... maybe a 5 minute timer would work instead of the switch.
    That's a pretty good idea. This may work for that application. http://www.delcity.net/store/Time-De...5.h_804416.t_1

Oh nice! That would be a perfect timer.

Quote Originally Posted by fxdl2051 View Post
    That's a great idea. I wish they would come up with some kinda accent ring around the headlight, like Angel Eyes for the non HID crowd.

The Kuryakyn Skinni Minni's are the easiest for what you might be in reference to around the headlights.

I was thinking more along the lines of a solid continous bezel lit the same as the tank badge light that would go around each headlight, don't know if it would be do able or not.
    ss^,
    Ken