Just Received Insurance Renewal on My Bikes - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Just Received Insurance Renewal on My Bikes

$480 a year on the F6B and my 2000 Valkyrie. $500 deductible. $5000 on accessories each bike no deductible., plus Emergency Road side

I was paying that for the Valkyrie through Progressive, and when I called to add the F6B, they were talking like $1150 or something for it alone.
    Like I said , they were trying to clown me.

Insurance

I have mine insured through Geico 300K/100K medical and towing with $500 ded. I pay $540 a year.

Insurance

I got a $85.00 refund from my 2012 softail when I got my F6B. Puts me around $210.00 a year for "full" coverage. I have American Family Insurance on everything with no claims.

Quote Originally Posted by Convert View Post
    I got a $85.00 refund from my 2012 softail when I got my F6B. Puts me around $210.00 a year for "full" coverage. I have American Family Insurance on everything with no claims.
    Maybe we get really good rates in Wisconsin cause winter seems to last 6 months here lately.......

Six months is right. I don't know how many times I have ridden to work this summer and the temperature was in the 40's. Sometimes low 40's at that.

USAA / Progressive

USAA doesn't insure bikes in Ohio, so they have a agreement with Progressive.

A USAA Progressive rep insured both my Tour bikes (F6B & VL800) for $358 a yr. full coverage.

$100 ded. on the VL800

$300 ded. on the F6B...........discount for USAA membership, multi bike, home owners, paid in full.

US Military veterans cant go wrong dealing thru USAA... big discounts

Also I often insure my small bikes (& my buell) thru progressive - Liability Only for $75 a year...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2013 F6B Black
    Buell Lightning S1
    DR400sm
    Qlink Sumo

Quote Originally Posted by Madmax View Post
    All 5 of my bikes is $1300 ... That hurts because most of the bikes sit for 5 months thru the winter , I usually ride the enduros in the winter ,
    Cancel the bikes during the winter when you're not using them. Renew in the Spring.

Watch how fast your Ins. Co. comes up with a better deal for you.

Alternatively, since you can't ride all 5 bikes at once, cancel the ones you're not using, or carry only 'comp' on them like collector bikes.
    Activate liability when you plan to ride them.
    Re-tired, or Re-tard. Depends on your attitude.

Cheaper in the northern states?

Quote Originally Posted by Hardrock View Post
    Maybe we get really good rates in Wisconsin cause winter seems to last 6 months here lately.......
    Getting the same rate in Oregon from Geico. Likely the same reason - most folks park it in the wet winter. BTW, did not know there was an Oregon, WI!

Steve in OR

Can't tell you my premium right now (to lazy to check). But I insure thru AARP (Hartford) on all my vehicles. Bought the F6 and they were to high. Checked around and went with Dairyland, who I haven't used in years, but better deal, and that's who I am with right now. I am a veteran and have tried USAA more than once and they are always to high. I am old, good credit, no accidents and no tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by motoman View Post
    Cancel the bikes during the winter when you're not using them. Renew in the Spring.

Watch how fast your Ins. Co. comes up with a better deal for you.

Alternatively, since you can't ride all 5 bikes at once, cancel the ones you're not using, or carry only 'comp' on them like collector bikes.
    Activate liability when you plan to ride them.
    In Michigan, it's a one year policy, I got three quotes and canceling a policy in the winter months won't get you a refund.
    They either want 100% up front, or they will break it down into two payments, the second one due within 30 days.
    I'm gonna do a bit more due diligence before next spring.
    I was with Progressive for over 30 years, my policy on an older BMW was only $225.00 for full coverage, when I got the F6B, they quoted me $1,200.00, so I went to State Farm for $480.00.
    And I have a clean driving record!!