Where too in the NE??

Thread: Where too in the NE??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by wjduke View Post
    2 Sunday's I can't make...April 30, and May 21st. All others are doable.
    Thanks Wayne, at least we now have a promise of at least 2 days of temps in the mid 70's and totally rain free!

Today's forecast: This morning, as I write this, it's 6 degrees F warming to 28 later this afternoon. Tomorrow morning should be warmer in the lower 20's. UPS is currently scheduled to deliver 10 to 16" of snow starting in the evening.
    The delivery is only a little late by about 2 months.

Where should we go on May 7th ??

Well, are we ruling out April? This month doesn't look good right now. I want to ride...anywhere, anyplace, the sooner the better. We're getting a blizzard Tuesday. This will set back riding for me for two weeks. Not too happy!
    “Gibraltar” 2016 white deluxe has been sold.

Well, are we ruling out April? This month doesn't look good right now. I want to ride...anywhere, anyplace, the sooner the better. We're getting a blizzard Tuesday. This will set back riding for me for two weeks. Not too happy!
    Now you went and did it! I was hoping on sneaking up on April and purposely did not mention riding in it. Last year we planned through March and April but didn't get the ride in until mid May. I believe last year's thread was one of this site's longest. Notice I didn't mention June.

PS: I still haven't ruled out, March 26. The long range forecast looks perfect!

OK, it's starting to look a lot like Christmas now! We got 30" of fresh snow yesterday on top of the 10" we had and this morning it's 9 degrees outside. I probably won't be riding or washing my bike today.
    If you think we have it bad you should see the poor deer. Not only do they have snow above their chest but they are now leaving tracks in the snow with 4 hoffs and 2 testicles.

The 26 is now starting to look doubtful. Maybe we should start looking seriously at April 2 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Penn View Post
    OK, it's starting to look a lot like Christmas now! We got 30" of fresh snow yesterday on top of the 10" we had and this morning it's 9 degrees outside. I probably won't be riding or washing my bike today.
    If you think we have it bad you should see the poor deer. Not only do they have snow above their chest but they are now leaving tracks in the snow with 4 hoffs and 2 testicles.

The 26 is now starting to look doubtful. Maybe we should start looking seriously at April 2 ?
    Ok by me.....the 26th shows rain/snow and 40 degrees. I was out either way.

Ok by me.....the 26th shows rain/snow and 40 degrees. I was out either way.
    AHHH, Wayne your getting old!!

I remember a guy who rode all the way back to MA. in a torrential downpour just to prove his insanity.

This mornings forecast is for temps in the 50's for next Saturday and a possibility for 60's on Sunday the 26. That would make it ridable except for the 3 feet of snow and what we are going to do with the run off. That does make Sunday April 2 sound much better.

Now we just have to find out who among the remaining fools, left over from the day before, are willing to ride with us on April 2.

Damn Icons are still not working

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Penn View Post
    AHHH, Wayne your getting old!!

I remember a guy who rode all the way back to MA. in a torrential downpour just to prove his insanity.

This mornings forecast is for temps in the 50's for next Saturday and a possibility for 60's on Sunday the 26. That would make it ridable except for the 3 feet of snow and what we are going to do with the run off. That does make Sunday April 2 sound much better.

Now we just have to find out who among the remaining fools, left over from the day before, are willing to ride with us on April 2.

Damn Icons are still not working
    I always said, don't change the ride for me. That ride in the rain is the reason for my decision! We have rain forecast and 40's for next Sunday. If it changes, and it is 60, I'll be in. Have to wait a few more days.

Looking pretty glum up this way. Friday is 90% chance of snow with 1 - 3 inches. Friday night 100% chance of junk. Saturday is 70% a.m. rain/snow. Saturday night clearing late with the temps a balmy 29*. If this report holds true through the weekend I'll have to pass. I don't mind dressing in layers trying to keep warm, but I don't want to look like the Michelin Man either. My initial plan was to ride down Saturday and grab a room in Matamoras. Then meet with you guys on 4/2. I like to allow 6 - 7 hours from NH to there. Since my operation hopefully my bathroom breaks will be fewer. Hopefully the forecast will change.
    2014 F6B Deluxe
    Iron Butt Association #23995
    SSgt USMC 1967-1974
    University of Vietnam 68/69

My forecast looks better than that. Rain Friday and Saturday and so far Sunday is hanging at 53 and some clouds. No snow. It's gonna be cold to start. I'm so hopped on a ride that as of now I'm planning on it. I totally understand your position. If my end gets worse, I'll be out too.

I can not make Sunday's ride, my plans got interrupted by the medical field. Hope to be up and running soon. Enjoy the ride, post some pics of what I'm missing.