Is the Low Windshield an Issue? - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Is the Low Windshield an Issue?

fl1madmax

yes you WILL Change BUT !!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stan0614 View Post
    I have a Goldwing and we want to get my wife the F6B. Is the low standard windshield a problem with wind. The marketing material says the rider is protected from wind. Is this true ? If not, is the wind manageable / tolerable at highway speeds ?
    do what I did , make them give you a Tall Gold Wing Shield with Vent to close the deal........ it only cost them $40 their cost
    and that shield is perfect !@ they will jump on it, next Get a Ultimate seat, you will HATE the seat, then put miles on it !

Jayrock, What size madstad did you purchase? I'm 5'10" but possibly a little long in the torso. they size me at 11" but i am thinking i might go with the 13". I don't want to take any chances,I need this thing to work !!! If its adjustable willIi be able to see over the 13" ? and if I can see over the 13" why get an 11" ???

Does anyone know the height of the accessory Honda Low Tinted Shield. I cannot find any height on the Honda website. I hate to assume its the same height as the stock shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Maddoggie501 View Post
    Does anyone know the height of the accessory Honda Low Tinted Shield. I cannot find any height on the Honda website. I hate to assume its the same height as the stock shield.
    It's the exact same as stock. It's what's on mine now.
    I choose my own ride and destination and seek not your approval of either.

we rode home with the stocker and like has been said the first thing was a Klockwerks 14 bought and Installed Great ride now
    Battoo

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Maddoggie501 View Post
    I just ordered the accessory short screen "0SR70-MJG-200" comes with 'F6B' on it. Supposed to be 1" higher than the standard screen, "67101-MJG-305".

Just wanted some more air, as the Windbender is awesome, but I was riding Ace Ventura style in the heat!

Attachment 20042

I'll put the two side by side for comparison when it gets here... going to be not-so-funny if they're the same!

Ahhhhh...another windshield thread

Every forum has some topics that get more responses than any other.

I was very hesitant to go with the Madstad last October, but there was so much support for it on this site I grit my teeth and went for it. I do not regret that decision at all. My biggest hesitation was the looks of the Madstad. IMO, it looks a lot better in person than it does in their website photos.

I am a proportional 6'1" with a 34 inseam and the 13" is just right, as their website indicates. In it's tallest, most upright position, I can still see over the shield, yet get the quiet ride and wind protection. Very little to no turbulence.
    Former Ride:
    2013 F6B Standard, black; sold 7/2019
    Latest Addition:
    2016 Gold Wing Level 3, red; SCT transmission stuck in manual mode
    2019 Miles:
    7,900 as of 10/6

I use the Clearview Sports/ Wide/ tallest smoke with vent model. I'm only 5"7" but I like to sit upright. I see over with no problem. The clearview has a recurve on the lip, which takes wind over my helmet with no buffering effects.Here is some pics. I hate the look of the Madstad!

Attachment 20044IMG_0049.jpg

Here's the link to the site.

http://www.clearviewshields.com/moto...b-windshields/
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Super low tint

58,000 miles on F6B with 1/2" lower than stock dark tint. Would not change. No problem with buffeting or wind noise using full face helmet and ear buds. Like the extra breeze during summer.

Quote Originally Posted by BadDawg View Post
    It's the exact same as stock. It's what's on mine now.
    Thanks!