No longer with Honda

Thread: No longer with Honda

No longer with Honda

yes we parted ways -- still have the F6 (and will for a long time) but could not put up with the status quo. I now ironically work on pretty much everything else -- yet still lots of honda's

Will you be starting your own shop? People are always looking for good technicians to work on their bikes old or new.
    Life's uncertain eat dessert first.
    I.M.B.B.A. Technician II Certification.

no, went to another shop that carries multiple lines

Quote Originally Posted by xzvs View Post
    yes we parted ways -- still have the F6 (and will for a long time) but could not put up with the status quo. I now ironically work on pretty much everything else -- yet still lots of honda's
    Well if I ever get relocated to New Orleans as is my dream, I'll look you up as a mechanic no matter which shop you're at.
    Ride to work, work to ride
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Status quo? What was the problem?

Hey you might know the answer to this... what's a good scanner/logger that'll read from the DLC data link connector... and what data is available to view?

I want to look at ignition timing and injector pulse width.

I liked working for and with Honda's -- however my service manager felt that making a living wage was for other people and I took a contract job fixing fed ex trucks over night. I gave the dealer a year and a half to turn it around -- finished my contract with fed ex and moved on to a multiline dealer in town . While we do not carry Honda we do service all makes and models (even got a victory on my rack today as well as 2 wings).Srt -- for the most part we are using the blink codes to diagnose the wings -- there are no go fast mods on the market sept for mufflers, and the o2 sensors should adjust pulse width just fine. There is no OBDII standard on bikes-- which means I do not know of any usb based programs / scanners that will work. About all that goes out on the wings is the RH knock sensor. Honda is very selective about who knows what.

Thanks XZ... I hope things work out for ya and that you stick around on the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by xzvs View Post
    About all that goes out on the wings is the RH knock sensor.

I wonder why just the RH knock sensor?
    Does the connector break or does the actual sensor fail?
    Very curious.