Quote Originally Posted by Bob the bike View Post
Hi Paul, sorry to hear of the delay but I do not understand the problem with the paperwork.
Your bike was already registered on 2nd August 2013 and road tax paid until 1st August 2014.
I understand that the taxation class has been changed from Bicycle to Trike but surely this is just an admin job. As long as you are still the registered keeper the bike is legal.
Under the new regulations you do not have to wait for the tax disc change, you are now allowed to ride without displaying a disc for 14 days. This rule was brought in when the system was centralised! You may also know that because the system has changed, from October 2014 the tax disc is going to be abolished.
Unless someone from the DVLA or VOSA wish to inspect the Trike conversion, you should be good to go. The only other hold up would be if you have changed the plate!
If I have misunderstood the new regulations, please let me know.
Lets hope you get to ride it soon. Bob.
Bob, the guys at the Trike Shop are would be happy to deliver the bike, but if they DVLA/VOSA do wish to inspect then they would have to take it back to Cardiff. That's the sticking point mate. I'll PM you mate.