Kudo's to Madstad Engineering ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kudo's to Madstad Engineering ...

Kudo's to Madstad Engineering ...

...better late than never

I had sent them an email back in August, about the initial fitment problem of my new lower base, and the gaps that appeared thereafter. I ended up fixing it myself and was generally satisfied with the fitment. I never received an email from them in response though....

...until now

Blair (from Madstad) just replied to my August email and said that "a new adapter plate will be shipped out to you and there will be no need to return ship the first plate. This should resolve the space and weatherstrip issue".

Not sure why the delay in response, but I am pleased for them getting back to me with this. Thanks Madstad!

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

I just installed a 13" Madstad system on my bike today. I also have about a 2 1/2" x 3/16" gap on each side, How did you correct it. Did you slot the 2 outside holes? My real problem is, I think I bought too tall of shield (13") I am no longer looking over the shield, I think, it got late so I haven't taken the bike out for a ride yet. I am 5'11" so I thought I would go to the next size up (13") for better protection. Did I make a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg O View Post
    I just installed a 13" Madstad system on my bike today. I also have about a 2 1/2" x 3/16" gap on each side, How did you correct it. Did you slot the 2 outside holes? My real problem is, I think I bought too tall of shield (13") I am no longer looking over the shield, I think, it got late so I haven't taken the bike out for a ride yet. I am 5'11" so I thought I would go to the next size up (13") for better protection. Did I make a mistake.
    Did not slot the holes; was able to utilize the existing holes by carefully starting and simultaneously tightening all three mounting bolts at the same time. I addressed that gap issue by using 5/16" foam insulation tape.

http://hondaf6b.com/showthread.php?9...hlight=madstad

Am curious to see the new adapter plate and how they addressed the gap issue.

As far as your questioning o the shield size that you have; I am 5'10" and have the 13" medium gray shield as well. At full height adjustment, I an looking just through the top of it. That is fine for me. You can get used to it.

I'd like to get the 15" in a more lighter tint... for the colder months. Right now the 13" is working fine in the cooler fall temperatures we currently are enjoying up here.

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

I also have the medium gray, it is goi,g to rain today so I may not have a chance to ride and test it out. My gaps are not a deal killer. I will do something to fill it.

Great pics. Thanks for posting them.
    2015 f6b deluxe - matte grey
    1998 fxd superglide - black

I took the bike out for a ride to see how adjustable this windshield is. Very nice shield, I think I have it where I like it. Half way up and all the way back. Now I keep looking at those gaps and it's bothering me. I may have shoot Madstad Stad an email to see if they have a fix for this problem.

I took the bike out for a ride to see how adjustable this windshield is. Very nice shield, I think I have it where I like it. Half way up and all the way back. Now I keep looking at those gaps and it's bothering me. I may have shoot Madstad Stad an email to see if they have a fix for this problem.
    I am thinking.... that they are sending me a small roll of weatherstripping... with the new adapter plate. I will see soon.

At any rate.. now I have a second adapter plate to experiment off of....

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

Will, let me know what Madstad sends you if you would please. How do you like the Madstad shield compared to other ones you had. I had a Clearview 15" with vent prior to this one. Clearview was a very nice shield, but the wind hit my wife right in the face when we rode.

Will, let me know what Madstad sends you if you would please. How do you like the Madstad shield compared to other ones you had. I had a Clearview 15" with vent prior to this one. Clearview was a very nice shield, but the wind hit my wife right in the face when we rode.
    I will.

I have mixed feeling about the Madstad. It is still butt ugly; and does not compliment the lines of the F6B. It does offer less buffeting than the other shields I have used. I sort of wish that I picked up the 15" instead... I still want to get that slipstream of air over my head another inch or so. I may order a lighter tint in 15" later this year....

I think that the Clearview is a nice shield. It looks good and is much thicker than the Madstad. I had ordered the medium recurve sport with vent; but the buffeting for me was just too much at high speed. I should've/would've/could've ordered the large instead. I regret that.

The G/W Vstream windshield that I used previously has offered the best wind protection, but it also generated a pressure zone behind me which was weird feeling... sort of like all of the turbulence was gathering there.

These may be sold soon. I haven't made my mind up yet if I am going to part with them.

Clearview

Vstream

21 years Army (retired)

IBA 80537

I tried the madstad 11 and 13 I'm 5'10". worked great up to 50 or so but I still got some buffeting beyond that speed. Did get rid of the vacuum I have with the 17" honda shield. Also had some whistling sound especially with the 13" that i couldnt pinpoint.Also noticed I couldn't here the stereo as well because you do get some air with the madstad. By the way I easily looked over the 13" so if your 5 10" the 13" is easily doable
    I had to send it back and ate the 75 in shipping costs. Trying to figure out next shield. Think I'm going to have to look through to get the clean pocket I'm looking for