Bee and other insect encounters - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bee and other insect encounters

Probably the worst thing I have ever been hit by was the time I took a sparrow to the chest at around 60mph.
    [SIGPIC]

Minnesota, coming back from Brookings on an Everclear run. 75-80, no helmet...Saw the bug coming, had the whole Olympic slow motion effect. Hit my cheek like a rock, thought I had broke something it hurt so bad.

Red face B52 Bug!

Couple of years ago I was on my way home from a nice run out, I passed a dead deer at the side of the road. Something the size of a B52 took off and hit me right in the middle of my visor. It smeared all over my helmet and from what I could tell it had been eating the deer! I know this because it smelled like sh1t, and I had to ride for the next half hour with that smell in my helmet...Not one to forget.
    "Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day"

I took a wayward golf ball in the chest last year. Hurt like hell.
    2013 F6B in black of course

Last fall, I was riding along at about 50 on a two lane road. A buzzard lifted off just ahead of me and crossed in front of my face. He tapped the top of my helmet with his wing.

My wife on her Spyder 50 feet behind almost wrecked seeing that.

2013 F6B
    2016 Spyder F3 Ltd

Late 80s on my last crotch rocket. Going to work about midnight on back country road. Layed into the throttle to the tune of around 110mph. While coming up to one of the first street lights coming into town a shadow catches my eye right about the same time something slams into my helmet. Hit me so hard that i was nearly knocked off the back of the bike. I was hanging with my right hand because my left hand was over my shoulder and my head snapped back. Luckily got control and made to work about two miles away. Once I got parked and inside I saw that the whole left side of my helmet was covered in what's left of a bat. Part of its wing was lodged in the top of the visor. My neck hurt for weeks after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Navvet View Post
    Last fall, I was riding along at about 50 on a two lane road. A buzzard lifted off just ahead of me and crossed in front of my face. He tapped the top of my helmet with his wing.

My wife on her Spyder 50 feet behind almost wrecked seeing that.
    Almost the same thing happened to me. Buzzard took off and clipped the very top of the windshield on my brand new 12 Wing. Instinct made me duck which my wife, who was in the passenger seat was not thrilled with. The Buzzard barely touched the top of her full face helmet.

I was leading a group on the coast in April a few years back with my half helmet and no windshield on my Fatboy. I saw something in the air but I was sure it would be gone by the time I got there. It was not and I don't have a clue as to what it was, but the guys behind me said my head snapped around like a took a left hook from George Foreman. I thought it was going to knock me off the bike for a few seconds until I got my bearings again. It left a mark on my right cheek for days---still don't know what it was.

BTW---I have been hit twice by a golf ball. The man who stays on his bike after that wins hands down.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Many bugs have given their life so I may enjoy my rides, although I have had two (different occasions) that got me back by flying up my pant leg and stinging me in the calf.

I must have been a sight as I rode along at highway speeds smacking myself repeatedly in the leg trying to squash the little bugger.

And once many years ago when I rode without a windshield, I had a bee get caught in between my glasses and temple and sting me in the side of my head.... wow that hurt
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

The wife and I hit a pheasant last year saw it coming lucky we slowed down hit me in the top of the head and the wife in the side of hers. Hit a swallow one time right in the windpipe. Yellow jacket in the shirt pulled in the driveway felt something crawling swatted it and it started stinging must have set a record pulling my leather coat off running for the house.