Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelsforme View Post
I do not have a F6B yet but do have a VTX-1800 with linked brakes. It does not apply rear brake when pulling the front lever. It actuates four of the six existing pistons on the front calipers. The only link is the pedal for rear break will apply the rear caliper and the other 2 of the 6 pistons on the front calipers. If Honda uses the same system for the B then no danger of over using/loading the rear break. Additionally 53driver is correct that you need to use both front lever and rear pedal to get the most braking power, that is the only way to use all pistons. I have never had a problem with too much front brake using only the rear pedal. Please someone tell me if Honda is using a diff linked brake system on this bike.
Yes, on the F6B actuating the front brake lever will cause the left front caliper to pivot upwards, engaging the anti-dive mechanism which also will route fluid (pressure) to the proportioning valve. That in turn will apply pressure to the pistons in the rear caliper.

It's a hot mess.

So in the way you described your VTX's system, the F6B is different from it.