Passenger comfort question

Thread: Passenger comfort question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    My wife is of a vertically challenged as well and I seem to have resolved it by raising her footrests. At least she's happy with that part! I just asked her about the distance between back rests and her comment was " Why have your back rest pressing into my front? That would be even more uncomfortable."

Our shared complaint is the ride itself. I can't seem to get the actual stiffness of the ride smoothed out. I"ll admit...my last ride was a BMW LT that was very smooth...even over bumps. This one jolts our bones in comparison! I have adjusted the rear shock till I'm blue in the face and short of installing a complete new suspension system I have yet to come up with a solution.

Any suggestions would be welcomed.
    Regards,
    Sober Biker

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
    It is the illusion of knowledge."
    ~ Stephen Hawking

2016 Goldwing F6B - Yet to be named
    2013 Goldwing F6B - "Bat Bike" Traded
    2008 BMW K1200LT - "Da Couch"

Quote Originally Posted by soberbiker View Post
    My wife is of a vertically challenged as well and I seem to have resolved it by raising her footrests. At least she's happy with that part! I just asked her about the distance between back rests and her comment was " Why have your back rest pressing into my front? That would be even more uncomfortable."

Our shared complaint is the ride itself. I can't seem to get the actual stiffness of the ride smoothed out. I"ll admit...my last ride was a BMW LT that was very smooth...even over bumps. This one jolts our bones in comparison! I have adjusted the rear shock till I'm blue in the face and short of installing a complete new suspension system I have yet to come up with a solution.

Any suggestions would be welcomed.
    I have no drivers backrest. I think you might be thinking that way. I am referring to the passenger backrest being too far back.
    Former owner of a 99 Valkyrie for 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by zeus661 View Post
    I have no drivers backrest. I think you might be thinking that way. I am referring to the passenger backrest being too far back.
    I extended my passenger backrest by 4 to 5 inches in height. I could have bent the steel plates that I made forward by using more length and bending it several ways, then cut the excess off to the height that I wanted for the GF. I've got pics that I put up several months ago of the finished rest. Making it go forward more in your case would have been another 2 minutes in the vice, THEN drill the 4 holes for attachment to the top rest.