We have been insulted!!!!!! But he seems to be correct - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: We have been insulted!!!!!! But he seems to be correct

So I guess the street glide is the poor mans Electra glide then. I see a whole lot of street glides out there.

Artiste Extraordinaire Elin in So. Cal.'s Avatar

20,980 miles in one year (Dec 2-Dec 1) of ownership!!

Funny, I don't get comments like that about stripped down anything (unless, well...not about motorcycles, ha!)

I finally have been riding with another B (I like this shortened version of the F6B), a red deluxe just like mine was. I get to see it from front, side and behind as it goes ORT, and I have to say how good it looks, and it feels good to know mine looks just as good to others.

So I guess it depends upon your riding buddies, or maybe they are compensating for "something" when they make that comment? I do think it really does depend upon who is riding the B whether or not you get that kind of comment.

I personally never felt the B was a "stripped down" anything. Instead, I consider it the best answer to any Harley or Yamaha or Suzuki or Victory or Indian bagger out there. It is over the top when compared side-by-side in performance and handling with any comparable bagger from those lines. And regular gas and reasonable maintenance make it the winner in all cases--at least for me.

Let's just say that the B is one stop before the full GW dresser. It isn't LESS of a GW. It is unique and fills a definite niche in the Honda line. Its only going to get more popular with people who aren't defining themselves as the typical GW rider. I don't feel as though I "fit" with those folks (mostly retired older couples who seem to prefer group rides to just RIDING).

So us B owners need to define who we are as a group. After reading so many of the posts in this forum, I'm convinced we aren't the typical GW riders, even though some of us may have owned GWs in the past or still.
    "If it moves, paint it."

I belong to my local GWRR chapter and I have one of the only F6B's. The full Wing guys spend a fortune on all the accessories. I use a tall windshield in the winter and I installed a GPS on the clutch reservoir. Those are the only accessories I put on for convenience. Every time we stop somewhere everyone wants to know what I'm riding and how great the F6B looks. This is the bike I always wanted. It's a Wing but it's not the full boat. Money was never the issue.
    Frank Ferrante
    2013 F6B Black Deluxe
    2016 Moto Guzzi Eldorado

Let's get this straight. I have used the "stripped down Gold Wing" line in describing what my F6B is. That's basically what it is. That does not mean it's less than ,it's just a different model. I have not got any comments from people implying it was a "poor man's Gold Wing". I have had some people actually think it was a smaller Gold Wing....
    I've had a lot of positive comments from Harley owners though.

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyf6b View Post
    He's just jealous. At around $20k it's hardly a poor mans bike. It's the most expensive one I've ever bought. I think of it as "not your fathers Goldwing".
    I agree with bobbyf6b on this one.

shooter
    I think its kinda like a Gold Wing GT. Lighter , stronger , and better looking.