Looking for a new helmet.

Thread: Looking for a new helmet.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by seventwenty View Post
    The 5yr lifespan is the industry's way of avoiding some liability and getting us to buy new more often. I've got a Nolan N35 that I still use occasionally when riding the Rzr. I think it was purchased in "90". I guarantee that it will do more good than some of the buckets/skull caps that you see out there.

I really like some of the modular and full face helmets, I just can't justify the cost for something that will mostly collect dust. We've got 4k people in our whole county, no interstates, and minimal traffic to deal with here. The only time I consider a helmet is a long trip or where it's required and then it's just a bucket.
    How many deer do you have in your area? Helmet saved my life when I unexpectedly hit one. Not many people or cars around that night either.

Quote Originally Posted by 1951vbs View Post
    How many deer do you have in your area? Helmet saved my life when I unexpectedly hit one. Not many people or cars around that night either.
    Quite a few actually. Most of us ride very little at night but I've also had some close calls during the day. Deer are creatures of habit and after 30+ yrs of riding around here, you generally have a good idea of where to really pay attention. Cage or bike, you learn to be alert and watch for them all of the time. Another advantage is that their heavy movement generally occurs during the months that the bikes are put up for the year.