Best replacement windshield?

Thread: Best replacement windshield?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Replacement Windshield

This is my first post ever on any forum. I bought a 2016 Matte Silver F6B deluxe two weeks ago. The 115 mile drive home made me hate the bike. The stock windshield was absolutely useless. I read several post and articles. I purchased a Taka 14" windshield. Wow, what a difference. I am 6'2" with a 32" inseam.The wind was pushed over my head and I had a clear line of sight over the windshield.Even with 20mph gust I could hear he radio at 65 and I love the bike. Hoping for a good ride this weekend. We shall see how it holds up. The installation was straight forward perhaps made a little easier by watching one done on the net. F6Broy

Since this thread is coming back to life... and I now have some experience with my BaggerShield... I'd like to introduce something new...

The BaggerShield Recurve! (Invented by yours truly).

Not being totally happy with my existing shield, and figuring, "what have I got to lose," I decided to modify my BaggerShield by adding one additional mounting point in the center of the shield. By drilling an additional hole, I have increased the angle of attack on the upper portion of the windscreen, to help push the air "up and over" like many of the "recurve" type shields claim to do, but still maintaining the ability to flip the windscreen down behind the lower section. I just made this modification last night, and while I had the BaggerShield off, I also decided to give one other windscreen a try... the SlipStreamer Tall Clear with Vent that also came with my bike. After I get a chance to try that out... I'll reinstall the modified BaggerShield and let you all know what the improvements... if any... are.

The pictures below (assuming that the forum software is working again), show the changes made in the shield.

NOPE! still can't add a flippin' image.
    Anything I try to upload says: 500 [IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2038"]

Well... it'll probably get me banned to put a link here, but it's exactly why I started my own website, so...
    In an effort to stay within the rules... go to my profile, click on my "homepage" and go to the Farkles then BaggerShield menu items if you would like to see some photos of what I am talking about.

Jim

I just ordered this shield

Quote Originally Posted by F6Broy View Post
    This is my first post ever on any forum. I bought a 2016 Matte Silver F6B deluxe two weeks ago. The 115 mile drive home made me hate the bike. The stock windshield was absolutely useless. I read several post and articles. I purchased a Taka 14" windshield. Wow, what a difference. I am 6'2" with a 32" inseam.The wind was pushed over my head and I had a clear line of sight over the windshield.Even with 20mph gust I could hear he radio at 65 and I love the bike. Hoping for a good ride this weekend. We shall see how it holds up. The installation was straight forward perhaps made a little easier by watching one done on the net. F6Broy
    Well F6Broy, I just ordered the 14" Dark Tint Taka S windshield based on your description. I, too, am 6'2" and like to look over the windshield. The price was right and I thought I'd take a chance. I'll post up a photo and my thoughts after I get the shield installed and ride with it a bit. StillLine

Quote Originally Posted by StillLine View Post
    Well F6Broy, I just ordered the 14" Dark Tint Taka S windshield based on your description. I, too, am 6'2" and like to look over the windshield. The price was right and I thought I'd take a chance. I'll post up a photo and my thoughts after I get the shield installed and ride with it a bit. StillLine
    That's the same shield and size I have on mine. Ignore the instructions that come with it, they are for a regular GW, and mention a piece that is not in the box. That is my only knock on the purchase; if you are including instructions, make sure they are relevant.

I wish Taka offered a vent. I thought that really helped on warm/hot days.
    18 Kawasaki Z900RS black
    1989-1995 IC2- USN

They are $65 currently, which is a pretty good price to try one out.

Cool Looks good! Price varies by size

Quote Originally Posted by jmdaniel View Post
    That's the same shield and size I have on mine. Ignore the instructions that come with it, they are for a regular GW, and mention a piece that is not in the box. That is my only knock on the purchase; if you are including instructions, make sure they are relevant.
    That looks really good on your white F6B! Instructions? I don't need no stinkin' instructions. Thanks for the heads up!

Quote Originally Posted by jmdaniel View Post
    They are $65 currently, which is a pretty good price to try one out.
    The $65 is for the shortest (7") and the price increases with size. Shipping for the 14" shield to me in Illinois was $22.50. So my total expenditure was $122.50.

I don't get sentimental about motorcycles.

That's a lie.

I'm a bit more than a little sentimental about this one.

That looks really good on your white F6B! Instructions? I don't need no stinkin' instructions. Thanks for the heads up!

The $65 is for the shortest (7") and the price increases with size. Shipping for the 14" shield to me in Illinois was $22.50. So my total expenditure was $122.50.
    Ooops, sorry. I forgot about the way that price climbs. I got mine with a 50% off code, so paid $55 plus shipping.

The instructions aren't really needed, it's just that they mention a piece that was not in the box. Knowing how crap gets missed these days, I reached out to them to ask if something was needed, but not shipped.

I hope you like it as much as I do!!

StillLine, hope you like it as much as I do. Real nice windshield for the price. Such an improvement over stock. Good luck. F6Broy

Cool I hope so!

Quote Originally Posted by F6Broy View Post
    StillLine, hope you like it as much as I do. Real nice windshield for the price. Such an improvement over stock. Good luck. F6Broy
    I'm optimistic that it'll do the trick. In the meantime, while I'm waiting on the LRS to arrive, I tinted my stock shield with 0% spray tint.