Superbrites? Maybe not

Thread: Superbrites? Maybe not

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by willtill View Post
    Really? Yours do?

I have a pair of the 16 Led Hyperlights on the back of mine, and they are vividly bright even when viewing them off center.

Clean 'em with a soft toothbrush. See if that improves the clarity of them.

They have been like this from new. A friend that follows me often told me the intensity changes as he gets close or moves from side to side within the lane behind me. We have spent a good bit of time bending the brackets to get the most visible light to be seen from a cars perspective behind me.
    I've spent most my money on Motorcycles and Women, the rest I just wasted.

I'm disappointed in the Superbrites as well. I was informed by a number of F6B riders who thought my tail lights
    were rather dim compared to the standard ones. It appears the light gives off a narrow beam which can only be
    properly seen if you are directly behind it and down at a lower angle. I have since reinstalled the stock bulbs.
    Live and learn I guess.
    09 Red Vulcan 500 (sold)
    11 Black Vulcan 900 (sold)
    13 Black F6b (they'll never be another)

Quote Originally Posted by masonmike View Post
    I'm disappointed in the Superbrites as well. I was informed by a number of F6B riders who thought my tail lights
    were rather dim compared to the standard ones. It appears the light gives off a narrow beam which can only be
    properly seen if you are directly behind it and down at a lower angle. I have since reinstalled the stock bulbs.
    Live and learn I guess.
    Yeah, I reinstalled my OEM's about a half hour after my original post. I might try a Back Off unit. I had one on my Valkyrie for 15 or so years and it performed flawlessly.