Harley Demo truck vs our F6 - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Harley Demo truck vs our F6

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Rock it! I'm still using your "high side" quote and getting lots of chuckles.

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    The Fatboy is 123 pounds lighter. And I would be surprised if that Fatboy dynoed 90hp. Maybe 90ft. lbs. of torque. The B on the other hand makes 118 HP and 123 ft. lbs.TQ. that's pretty big. I'll tell you one thing about a metric bike. It hits the rev limiter a lot faster than a HD. They rev so much quicker. At WOT its hard to grab the gears fast enough on the 1-2 change and the 2-3 change. Its not the V-Twin design that revs slower cause my M109R revs as quick or quicker than the B. The HD just revs slower by design. That Harley makes a lot of noise and a lot of vibration. That has nothing to do with speed. I'm sure its fast for a Harley. It won't run with the B.
    Lets not forget that Honda did a proper V Twin - the 2005 Honda RC51 is a proper VTwin making about 133Hp and 72? torque.
    I had that bike for 11 years and 62,000 miles and always gave me a smile. The only thing I replaced was oil, gas, tires and a couple of chains.

That bike really revved really fast until 9500 rpm and the bike saw many times 170 mph.
    2016 Honda F6B Deluxe . Matte Pearl White . Klock Werks Fairing

Quote Originally Posted by 53driver View Post
    Since my Harley is so old (21 years) I guess I just don't expect her to compete with my 6 - and she can't, even though she makes 80hp with 80cu in.
    However, she is carbureted and when the global EMP hits, she might still work.

It's like lettuce and cabbage. They kinda look the same, kinda feel the same, but they are two completely different entities.
    ........and that'll knock you right back to the stone age. AKA the AMF years.

Quote Originally Posted by unsub View Post
    ........and that'll knock you right back to the stone age. AKA the AMF years.
    I did have a '73 Ironhead Sportster.....AMF.
    Right foot shift.
    Cranky lil' bitch.
    My girls:
    Isleen - 2014 F6BD
    Saorla - 1995 FLSTN Heritage Special

"Politeness, n: The most acceptable hypocrisy."
    Ambrose Bierce

I was at the demo ride in southhaven , and i left on a Great Bike , My 2012 Gl1800 , rode a ultra low and a vrod neither would hold a candle to my wing let alone the F6B i also have at the house
    Battoo

I've never ridden a harley, but have sat on quite a few. They just never felt comfortable even sitting still with the engine off. I guess being a part of the club is wonderful for those who bought into the "harley experience".

I love my F6B, and don't need the $45 harley t-shirt to have a great time riding.