Kabuto Ibuki Helmet - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kabuto Ibuki Helmet

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    I just bought the remaining one for $102. That's a crazy deal so I'm just hoping the seller is on-the-level. Considering I paid over $400 for my first one from Revzilla, this seems like one of those too-good-to-be-true situations. We'll see!
    I'm glad you got it! That is an awesome price. Mine is scheduled to arrive by the 26th

Quote Originally Posted by Hornblower View Post
    I just bought the remaining one for $102. That's a crazy deal so I'm just hoping the seller is on-the-level. Considering I paid over $400 for my first one from Revzilla, this seems like one of those too-good-to-be-true situations. We'll see!
    So you have had one of these for some time? How is the noise level?
    "Go sell crazy somewhere else, we're all stocked up"

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmytee View Post
    So you have had one of these for some time? How is the noise level?
    Quieter than any of my previous Shoei or Arai helmets were. Haven't had a Schuberth so I can't compare to that. Generally speaking though, the better ventilation a helmet has, the noisier it is. Considering the great ventilation of the Ibuki, I think it's pretty exceptional.
    Ken (Hornblower)

You guys are bad for my . Was looking for a new helmet and at this great price ( and Ken's expertise ) I found the same in xl to fit.

Thanks for the heads up

Arai Helmets

Quote Originally Posted by Airborne06 View Post
    That is fantastic! No matter how great the bike fits you, or how incredible the riding is, if your helmet is uncomfortable it's no good. I haven't been able to find a helmet that is totally comfortable for me since I had my Arai Quantum II. I've tried many....Shoei, HJC, Bell, Scorpion, Nolan, etc. Just can't quite get a perfect fit. I guess I have a round head! I may have to give the Kabuto a try...especially for the price! I must have 12-15 helmets sitting on shelves in my garage...along with all the seats, windshields, exhaust systems and various other parts/accessories.
    You will never go wrong with an Arai helmet

Quote Originally Posted by Necanefan View Post
    Did you get it at the $102 price?
    Nope, mine was $111.16 with free shipping. The one for $102 is a large, I bought it from the same seller as Necanefan did, motorcyclegear2. The one I orderd was the 2x they had every size with a different price for each, but they are all shiny red.
    If it is all on the up & up... it is still a hell of a deal IMO. Hummm... I wonder how black Plastic-dip would look?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kabuto-Ibuki...522500&vxp=mtr

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    Nope, mine was $111.16 with free shipping. The one for $102 is a large, I bought it from the same seller as Necanefan did, motorcyclegear2. The one I orderd was the 2x they had every size with a different price for each, but they are all shiny red.
    If it is all on the up & up... it is still a hell of a deal IMO. Hummm... I wonder how black Plastic-dip would look?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kabuto-Ibuki...522500&vxp=mtr
    Great deal! I hope the 2x is a good fit. It seems to me that they fit a little larger than the Nolan N90 and a lot larger than the Scorpion EXO 900x.

Quote Originally Posted by Necanefan View Post
    Great deal! I hope the 2x is a good fit. It seems to me that they fit a little larger than the Nolan N90 and a lot larger than the Scorpion EXO 900x.
    I sure hope so or someone on the board is going to get a hell of a deal on it. I have never in my life had a cowboy hat, helmet, hard hat, baseball hat, football helmet, baseball helmet ever be to big nor a lot of them ever fit me right. The carbon fiber novelty helmet below is what I've been wearing for the last 16 years it has all the guts stripped out of it so I can wear it. I have a Shoei ZG full face in 3x and it is way to small, it was the biggest helmet you could by in 1979. I have a whole wall full of helmets from over the years that never fit me right.

biglrys avitar.jpg

The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot -
    the guy who invented the second one... he was the genius!

http://theringfinders.com/blog/Larry.Royal/

Quote Originally Posted by BIGLRY View Post
    I sure hope so or someone on the board is going to get a hell of a deal on it. I have never in my life had a cowboy hat, helmet, hard hat, baseball hat, football helmet, baseball helmet ever be to big nor a lot of them ever fit me right. The carbon fiber novelty helmet below is what I've been wearing for the last 16 years it has all the guts stripped out of it so I can wear it. I have a Shoei ZG full face in 3x and it is way to small, it was the biggest helmet you could by in 1979. I have a whole wall full of helmets from over the years that never fit me right.

Attachment 20945
    I wish I could say that I am optimistic that this one will fit. I will be very surprised if it fits you, but I'm hoping for the best for you!

Quote Originally Posted by airfreek View Post
    You will never go wrong with an Arai helmet
    Concur. That has been my experience...but this Kabuto sounds promising...especially for the price. I am hesitant to add another helmet to my "garage shelf collection" however.
    "Si vis pacem, para bellum"