Ultimate King - Page 12
Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate King

Quote Originally Posted by ReserveBum View Post
    Trust me, I went through all the inlay/color options hoping to find that unique look thats "all me". But that Black Croc just kept calling me. Got a feeling we wont be the only two with that design.
    Now I have to meet up with you at Americade, Thursday 11 am at Mc D. That was one of the reasons I'm going to see their seat. Now I'll be able to see one mounted.

Seat cover

Anyone come up with an easy way to install and remove the waterproof cover? That's the one thing I don't like about this seat, that cover is a real PIA to get on under the stock passenger backrest plate and hooked around the front.

Quote Originally Posted by toy_collector View Post
    Anyone come up with an easy way to install and remove the waterproof cover? That's the one thing I don't like about this seat, that cover is a real PIA to get on under the stock passenger backrest plate and hooked around the front.
    You have to start at the front of the seat first when putting on the cover; and work your way to the back of the seat. I don't even try to put it completely over the rear of the seat because of the passenger backrest and luggage rack making it too inaccessible.. so just push it unded the passenger backrest as best as I can and call it a day.

21 years Army (retired)
    ...been everywhere, seen everything, done almost everything.

IBA 80537

Good timing on the rain cover mention...I am intrigued by this seat, and it seems like a good style and function upgrade. HOWEVER, the site makes it clear that the rain cover should be used when riding in the rain, as well as when leaving it in the rain...seems like a weakness in the functionability of an item on a vehicle designed to be able to withstand use in the rain! I understand their reason, I don't like the idea that not covering it in the rain (even riding in the rain) is a necessity. Observations? Thoughts? corrections?

Quote Originally Posted by RickJ View Post
    Good timing on the rain cover mention...I am intrigued by this seat, and it seems like a good style and function upgrade. HOWEVER, the site makes it clear that the rain cover should be used when riding in the rain, as well as when leaving it in the rain...seems like a weakness in the functionability of an item on a vehicle designed to be able to withstand use in the rain! I understand their reason, I don't like the idea that not covering it in the rain (even riding in the rain) is a necessity. Observations? Thoughts? corrections?
    I agree with others that putting on the rain cover is something you'd rather not have to do, especially if you get caught suddenly and find yourself trying to wrestle that thing on with rain pouring down. I used to wonder why many of the premium aftermarket seats didn't use a more water resistant material similar to what the OEM uses. I finally decided (assumed) that the reason was to use a more breathable material offering better comfort. AFAIK, that is accurate. Of course, you always have trade-offs when you make changes and having to use a rain cover is the one here.
    Ken (Hornblower)

shooter
    Your stock seat will leak water also. Anything with a seam and stitches will leak. Ultimates thought is that when you pay big money for a premium product you should want to protect it.

shooter
    Trust me, I went through all the inlay/color options hoping to find that unique look thats "all me". But that Black Croc just kept calling me. Got a feeling we wont be the only two with that design.
    Its OK buddy. I'm in negotiations with Ultimate to name that design The Shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Your stock seat will leak water also. Anything with a seam and stitches will leak. Ultimates thought is that when you pay big money for a premium product you should want to protect it.
    Shooter nailed it- No seat out there, including stock seats, are completely waterproof. The vinyl that we use in our seats is premium marine grade vinyl - it won't leak a drop. It has sometimes been perceived as a flaw or weakness in our design, however ANY SEAT with a stitch line will let water in. We talk about the rain covers up front and not as an after thought (when you have a wet butt) because we offer a custom fitted (and application specific) solution to combat mother nature. That all said - we know that the F6Bs rain cover can be a PITA to install under the deluxe passenger backrest bracket - it's on the radar, and if/when we come up with something better we will advise.

Best,

Dave

Make that at least 3 of us. Shooter had his first for sure, but I couldn't tell by the pics just what it was. Then I was going through Ultimate's "Option Page" and saw it there and decided that's what I wanted. I've had it for over a month now and like it a lot. It was either going to be that or something with the "Ostrich with an inlay" but decided on the black/croc.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    The stock cover may leak a bit. But the stock seat has a plastic layer on top of the foam just under the cover. That keeps the sponge from getting soaked. Big difference between just the cover being wet and the sponge getting saturated.

I had an Ultimate seat on my Valk that got caught in the rain overnight. I got to ride the next 12 hours with a wet butt! I would take the discomfort of the dry plastic layer all the time vs riding on a soaked seat all day. But that's just me.
    Albuquerque, NM