THIS IS MINE NOW
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: THIS IS MINE NOW

THIS IS MINE NOW

2013 Honda Goldwing F6B, custom orange paint, 3240 miles on the clock. Delivered with a full tank of gas! I've had my eye on these since they were first introduced. Previously i've had at different times a BMW R1150R and a BMW R1200RT. I liked the RT for touring, but it was pretty tall for me and at the time it was unmanageable in my garage (I've since remodeled my house and garage so that's no longer a problem). Always thought that I'd buy a used one someday, but didn't expect it to be this soon. But when a good deal comes along sometimes you have to jump. It's not a "deluxe" version, but still has some of the expensive goodies already on it, including the centerstand, fog lights, back rack, and aftermarket convertible windshield. I'll be looking into adding other goodies as I get to know the bike better.

It arrived today at around 4 pm from a dealership in Tuscon, AZ. I'm not out riding because I was sick as a dog last night, and stressing all day about this delivery. I was seriously worried about whether or not this bike would be CARB rated, even though the dealer assured me it was. When it first arrived I couldn't find the sticker. I about went into shock (if the bike isn't labeled as CARB or California emissions certified, you cannot register it in California unless it's a used bike with more than 7500 miles on the odometer). It took a search through the manual to find that the CAL sticker was in the right saddlebag. Whew!

This is why I remodeled the house - well, one of many reasons. With a big garage and a nice flat driveway, I can manage a big touring bike like this. I don't have any time or money to go touring just yet, but give it time. My house remodeling projects are nearing completion, so I will be taking the bike out soon.

Also, ever since I started riding motorcycles I've wanted a Goldwing. I've just thought that they were so cool. I'm hoping that I will feel better tomorrow and be able to take it for an inaugural spin. Then on to the DMV ...

In the background you can see my other three bikes. The yellow one is a Suzuki Burgman 400, the green is a Kawasaki Versys 650, and the white is a Suzuki Burgman 650 which I will be selling soon as it is sort of redundant now.

I've not figured out what to name him yet. Hoping it will come to me on that first ride. I've not yet ridden an F6B, but confident that it will be fine. My first few bikes were all Hondas.
    2013 Honda F6B custom orange
    2009 Kawasaki Versys aka "Dr Doom"
    2009 Suzuki Burgman 650 "Stormtrooper"
    2003 Suzuki Burgman 400 "Yoda"

Very Nice! Like the color.
    John (Jay) Bettua
    2014 F6b Red- sold 2016
    2020 Goldwing Matte Black
    Retired U.S. Air Force MSgt

Love the custom orange color. Congrats and welcome aboard.

Very nice. I like it.
    Welcome the the land of F6B.

Congratulations… Great choice.

Ray

If you ride out on I-8 tomorrow afternoon I might see you. Gotta pick up a load in Sandy Eggo Thursday morning.

Cool Beautiful

Hey Congratulations, love the colour
    "Once more into the fray, into the last good fight I'll ever know, to live and die on this day, to live and die on this day"

gratz good buy

Nice

Very nice bike. The color is growing on me.

Even better: all that garage space you have. I'd kill for that! We have a "two car" garage in a recently-built house, can barely fit the wife's SUV and my F6 in it.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Another "Honda of Russellville Signature Series" bike out on the highways!!!

You have a great color combo, and the 6 should be a heck of a change from the Bergs!!!

Welcome to the club!!!