You figure out your age! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: You figure out your age!

At 60 I am re-thinking a lot of things.

I see a trailer in my future. I used to ride everywhere and 1400 mile weekends were very commonplace. I am starting to think maybe it would be better to trailer the bike and just ride there. Boasting about what I can do and have does is not what it used to be. Stories about toughing it out thru hail storms and my 400 mile trek on I-40 through a tropical depression by myself does not seem as important as just having fun.

Remember--- "When the fun ain't really fun, then it ain't fun anymore"---or something like that.
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm 72 and 250 is a nice day for me as long as i stop every hour. Still using the original seat, maybe that should change. I try to ride a little each day with my wife and dog if the weather permits, even if only 50 miles for ice cream.

Richie

Yes Sir:

Quote Originally Posted by Richie View Post
    I'm 72 and 250 is a nice day for me as long as i stop every hour. Still using the original seat, maybe that should change. I try to ride a little each day with my wife and dog if the weather permits, even if only 50 miles for ice cream.

Richie
    Like I said before, Any day on two wheels is a day well spent whether it be a long day or a short one. Even when I have overdone it and am tired and beat up from sun and wind I would rather be there than in a cage going down the road. 4 wheels moves the body and 2 wheels move the soul!

At 46 I may be one of the young ones here. I feel even younger while riding!

See y'all in Franklin!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

'We are all here on Earth to help others; what on Earth the others are here for I don't know.' - W. H. Auden

I'm 67 and in June did a 4000 mile ride to the Badlands from south Texas. It sure ain't like it used to be. I averaged about 325 miles a day and that is about all I can handle these days. My weakness is my knees/legs, if it wasn't for highway pegs I don't think I could do 100 mile rides. The good news is, being retired time is not a factor like it used to be in my working days when I had to be back at a specific date......and weather is not a factor, if its not to my liking I will just spend another night in the motel and wait for blue skies. Amazing how quickly things change, just 5 years ago I did a ride to Alaska and most days were 500-700 miles. Oh well, considering I've been on 2 wheels since the early '60's its all good!

I better ride while I can I'm a month shy of 50 and planning to go from fort lauderdale to Atlanta Saturday have dinner with my son, spend the night and come back sunday. just wish it was cooler out but great bikes for long trips

Moe

shooter
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Ryder View Post
    I see a trailer in my future. I used to ride everywhere and 1400 mile weekends were very commonplace. I am starting to think maybe it would be better to trailer the bike and just ride there. Boasting about what I can do and have does is not what it used to be. Stories about toughing it out thru hail storms and my 400 mile trek on I-40 through a tropical depression by myself does not seem as important as just having fun.

Remember--- "When the fun ain't really fun, then it ain't fun anymore"---or something like that.
    Ryder , if you decide you need a trailer , PM me. I can definitely help you out. I trailer mine all the time. My Son lives in Cincy , 420 miles. I can't ride there , ride 300 miles next day AMD then ride home next day. Well I can but I don't want to.

Thanks Shooter! I have a lot of things up in the air at the moment and my future has a lot of options. I may be moving south to enjoy the Florida riding weather and condo living or I may be staying where I am in my "paid for" house where I have room to store a trailer. I am holding off because I may not have room to store it should I move south. Decisions, decisions..........
    "Life is hard. Harder when you are stupid"-- John Wayne[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]