kury glove box cubby
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: kury glove box cubby

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Hole saw...... hold on I am about to faint......
    Yep. Just go down to West Marine and get a black plastic cup holder for a boat $9.99

But not for me, I will be getting the Kury unit for mine as soon as I relocate my GPS which currently resides on the cubby cover.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    No can do on the cubby cover,, I need to keep a hat handy to contain my helmet hair!

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    No can do on the cubby cover,, I need to keep a hat handy to contain my helmet hair!
    OK, now that's funny, why?, because I keep my hat in there also. Even with a Doo-Rag I end up with sweaty 'helmet hair' and need to grab a hat as soon as the helmet comes off.

can anyone tell me how to remove the OEM box to fit the kuryakyn box in? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NCF6B View Post
    can anyone tell me how to remove the OEM box to fit the kuryakyn box in? thanks
    Nothing is removed besides the top cover, the box fits right in then the new cover goes over that.

Thanks, really appreciate it.

Side covers permanent?

Hello,

I was looking at this accessory and was wondering if it would be possible to make the little side covers a more permanent addition to the cubby. I would like to mount a ram ball on the right hand side cover for my iphone-as-a-gps and a tpms to the top of the left side. I would then like to then secure the covers so they could only be removed with the key. Would this arrangement be possible? Would the covers be able to support the weight of an iphone on the end of a ram ball arm? It's hard to tell from the descriptions and pictures online... Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    I haven't had to worry about helmet hair for about 20 years. Now if I could do something about those helmet pad marks on my head, I'd be set.

Quote Originally Posted by hiflyer View Post
    I haven't had to worry about helmet hair for about 20 years. Now if I could do something about those helmet pad marks on my head, I'd be set.

I use a helmet liner from Wing Stuff...about 12-15 $$$
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

I would think there would be more options for a touring oriented rig like the GL platform but...
    There are handle bar mounts but I like things a little more centered so I mounted my GPS cradle to the glove box. Wiring is hidden nicely too. I bought an extra cover for $30 but like the gps. I plan on velcro holding my waterproof phone case on the right side fairing when I go on trips.
    Click image for larger version.

Several have put a ram mount on the cubby, some have bought and extra just to use with a GPS.... ooopps...pics did not come...hang on...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com