I have had two Harleys...1996 Electra Glide Standard, and 2008 Street Glide (sold in 2009). I also rented a 2013 Electra Glide Classic this past summer.

I have also owned 4 Goldwings (77, 84, 86, 94). Ride, reliability, and performance for all of them were much better than the HD's. They were all used bikes that NEVER broke down or had any problems.

When I bought my first new Harley in 96 it broke down on the way home from the dealership (bad ECM). After that issue was resolved it didn't give me much problems and I had fun adding all the chrome goodies and performance mods. The heat from the motor in Sacramento valley during the summer was rough, and the carbed motor was VERY sluggish riding in the mountains. I enjoyed the group rides, culture, and attention I got with the Harley's. I was also much younger when I bought it (31).....and the ladies at the bars were MUCH more interested in going on Harley rides than my "old man" Goldwing's that I had previously owned. I also sold it 5 years later for the same thing I paid for it which was VERY nice. The 2008 Street Glide gave me some problems as well. Oil would come out air cleaner after riding for a couple hours at around 80 mph. This happened to me 3 times and the dealership could find no problems with it when I took it in! I sold it so I could buy a house and didn't have a bike for 4 years. When the F6B came out I fell in love and knew I had to have one.

I got my F6B Deluxe last month and have put about 300 miles on it. There is no comparison to the ride, handling, and power. The Electra Glide rental felt sloppy, top heavy, sluggish, and brakes were terrible. (rotors felt warped..which may have been due to being ridden hard as a rental). I'm done with Harleys.....especially after riding the F6B. The only mod I have planned right now is to install the 18" tinted F4 Customs windshield which is coming on TODAY! Yeah..I wish it had cruise control but that wasn't a show stopper for me. My wife says she enjoys riding on it more than any other bike she's been on. The F6B power and handling are shocking for a bike it's size. I don't like it being limited to 125mph, but that's probably a good thing for me.

If you were to ask me....pass on the Harley and go get an F6B. You will not be disappointed.