Heading to the Dragon

Thread: Heading to the Dragon

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I will be working tomorrow otherwise I would be there. They have me pulling ten days in a row before I head out on vacation
    Matt Russell
    First Officer
    SCRC Chapter 189
    Orangeburg SC

Been talking about a impromptu ride to the Dragon. You're talking about next weekend correct? I think I've got a CVMA chapter meeting on Saturday, but it wouldn't be terrible for me to miss it.... I always choose riding over sitting in a meeting for a couple of hours.

Yeah the weekend of the 25th. There is a biker owned hotel in Maggie Valley called A Holiday Motel I normally stay at I generally don't make any reservations when I go up there but there is a classic truck show up there that weekend and I may have to stay elsewhere. I will ride up Saturday and go out to the Dragon on Sunday
    Matt Russell
    First Officer
    SCRC Chapter 189
    Orangeburg SC

I LOVE the Dragon! One tip is to get on the Dragon very early in the morning before it gets crowded. I was fortunate enough to have it all to myself (and the photographers set up along the way) as a rain storm came through just before dawn, so most riders delayed their start a couple of hours. It can get very busy very quickly on weekend days.
    Have fun!

Moderator / V-twin Gobbler GiddyupF6B's Avatar
    I'm going to the Dragon for the first time ever in June......I can't wait!
    The force is strong in this one.....

Plam Bay Florida, summer in Battle Creek, Mi.
    Were heading down there mid July with four other bikes, can't wait show off the "B". Staying in four cabins in Tellico Plains TN.

I did it too . After all I came back with badly scratched R 1150 heads , but still was worth to experience and challenge it . Hope the B will survive my another attempts , but definitely try not in weekends .

Quote Originally Posted by Limoles View Post
    I did it too . After all I came back with badly scratched R 1150 heads , but still was worth to experience and challenge it . Hope the B will survive my another attempts , but definitely try not in weekends .
    SOme of the most fun I've had down there has actually been on other roads in the area. They tend to be less congested with little to no LEOs. The Dragon is fun, but like already mentioned, it's better off season or early in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupF6B View Post
    I'm going to the Dragon for the first time ever in June......I can't wait!
    June 18 - 21 there will be several Honda 6 cylinders on the Dragon. It's the National CBX Rally! I will be there on mine

The sound will be amazing.