For the chrome guys - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: For the chrome guys

As most know...I am a fan of black and chrome...to me it is b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l !!!!! I also agree there is a limit to either all black or to much chrome...

As far as swapping out wheels, the rear is a direct replacement.... the front, the spacer on the right side also needs to come from a bike with chrome wheels, our black wheel spacer will not work and I thing one other thing, sorry can not remember what the other thing is. I researched this when I was going to exchange wheels with a guy from TX with a GW....
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    As most know...I am a fan of black and chrome...to me it is b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l !!!!! I also agree there is a limit to either all black or to much chrome...

As far as swapping out wheels, the rear is a direct replacement.... the front, the spacer on the right side also needs to come from a bike with chrome wheels, our black wheel spacer will not work and I thing one other thing, sorry can not remember what the other thing is. I researched this when I was going to exchange wheels with a guy from TX with a GW....
    Thanks, if you remember that other thing, concerning swapping out to chrome on the front, I would appreciate a heads up.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Did the polished wheel have ABS? Is 'the other thing' ABS related?

Cool

Choptop....if you are thinking about the wheel exchange, go by the local Honda shop and pull EVERY part number for every piece on the wheel assembly... keep in mind Honda changes part number for color as well. Sorry but I cannot remember the one part but I think it was a washer, and to my thinking maybe not a big deal...please check before doing the deal...
    " Truth is often deemed rude, blunt and to the point which is why so few make their friend " Freddy Hayler ..352-267-1553 Sanford, FLA Gutterman6000@Gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve 0080 View Post
    Choptop....if you are thinking about the wheel exchange, go by the local Honda shop and pull EVERY part number for every piece on the wheel assembly... keep in mind Honda changes part number for color as well. Sorry but I cannot remember the one part but I think it was a washer, and to my thinking maybe not a big deal...please check before doing the deal...
    Thanks, I will do that and the fact that I have to strip my wheels to send them in as a swap, I will have a pretty good idea. I have sent a message to the seller to see if he supplies any other chrome parts for the swap.

Don't mess with my 'pepper' Scotrod's Avatar
    Chop,

OEM wing wheels are (partially) polished. The wheels on the Wing above are OEM.

(Just saying this in case you are trying to get the same look as the bike above)

Brand new rear OEM Wing rims are reasonably easy to find due to Trike Builders. (Fronts are a different story)

I do like chrome, but dang,,, the rear wheel seldom sees the light of day!!!

I'd feel 'odd' if I only chromed the front, and I'd feel like I 'paid too much for something ya cant see' if I chromed the rear too!

Quote Originally Posted by Scotrod View Post
    Chop,

OEM wing wheels are (partially) polished. The wheels on the Wing above are OEM.

(Just saying this in case you are trying to get the same look as the bike above)

Brand new rear OEM Wing rims are reasonably easy to find due to Trike Builders. (Fronts are a different story)

I do like chrome, but dang,,, the rear wheel seldom sees the light of day!!!

I'd feel 'odd' if I only chromed the front, and I'd feel like I 'paid too much for something ya cant see' if I chromed the rear too!
    Being new to Honda's I did not realize the were partially polished at first. I may go w/the OEM for the rear especially since I am considering lowering it 1". But like you said about feeling "odd" about only chroming the front, just doesn't seem right.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    Attachment 3760

And another
    The scooter in the background is sexier.

Progressive comes out with a 1 " lower cartridge in early March !!!

Choptop ...are you pulling the rotors as well? .... be careful before YOU give away a part you will have to buy again!!!

Beauty is in the eye of da beholder.